LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stutter due to cut wire

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stutter due to cut wire

i have a 94 firebird lt1 that i recently put pacesetter longtube headers, and egr delete along with the cc performance OTVC set up, couple days ago i started felling a hesitation or stutter when accelerating (like 4th gear getting on interstate) didnt do it all the time but often. I can power through it and finally itll stop and straighten out. I noticed today the power steering pulley cut into one wire, just into the rubber coating, not into the actual metal yet. Is that enough to cause a problem or do i have more problems somewhere else? also does anybody have pictures or advice to keep the OTVC wires away from pulleys? Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Stutter due to cut wire-lt1.jpg  
Old 06-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the wire being cut enough to cause a problem I cant help you there. I just replaced all the wires/ msd opti replacement on my 94 Camaro and found that if I removed the bolts for the power steering pump I could pull it back just enough to set the wires in the holders that are built in directly behind the pump. I jacked up the car as far as I could get it and went in from underneath. I could then set the wires in the holders to keep them taunt enough to stay away from the pump. Its a little tricky you have to spin the pulley on the pump to gain access to the two bolts holding the pump on. I think they are 10mm if I remember correctly. I don't know if it is the correct way to accomplish this, It is just the way I did it. I hope it helps.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes that will do it. Guaranteed, did it to me
Old 06-03-2013, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's only a problem if you can see the spark jumping. If the spark isn't jumping there isn't a problem.

But I would continue looking at your plugs/wires. Beings that one is chafed there's a good possibility something else might be bad too. Look under the hood at night - that will give you a good indication of what's going on.

Quick Reply: Stutter due to cut wire