LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Removing Unused Wiring Harness Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Unused Wiring Harness Connectors

Hey guys, awhile ago I removed all of my A/C, EGR, Cruise Control, AIR Pump etc. It bothers me that I have those extra wire connectors just hanging off of my wiring harness. Will I be able to cut these wires and tuck them into the wiring harness without it affecting anything? I have the engine and everything out, so now would be a good time to do this. Thanks guys
Old 06-08-2013, 08:17 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you plan on keeping the car I would remove the engine harness and strip all the unused wiring out of the car. These harnesses are getting old, so it would also be a great time to go through the harness a fix any problems if it has any.

The biggest thing is to remember to cap any ignition power sources, or you could start blowing fuses.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 06-08-2013, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I would agree on cutting the connectors off and leaving enough wire so they could be reinstalled at a later time or if a buddy may need that connector. Just cap the wires so they dont get corroded then hide em.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want to cut the connectors off, just be sure you insulate the wires after they are cut so you don't end up with them shorting out.

I would fold each wire back on itself then heat shrink it, then tape the whole bundle tot he main harness so its out of the way.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Thanks guys. Just removed all of the extra connectors this morning and made sure to cap off each individual wire before tucking them into the main wiring harness loom.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

I pulled the whole harness out of the car and removed everything from the origination to the connector. I then rewrapped and taped the whole thing looks brands new. I also found some wires that had got a little hot and spliced in new wiring in that section. Solder and heatshrink everything.

Quick Reply: Removing Unused Wiring Harness Connectors