LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Turn key LT1 f body turbo systems, whos interested???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by 94FBIRD
Something else...I see countless threads where people gripe that the aftermarket has abandoned the LT1 F-body and a guy comes on to support it and the whole idea is attacked. You guys suck on many different levels...
Originally Posted by 94FBIRD
I think he is pretty bright...run 9s a mile in the sky on a stock short block, how other people have done the same? You're ******* retared!
Originally Posted by badfbodyz
dont pay attention to man-crush guys...he's only trying to ruin a good thread.
Being as though I already have a running, driving turbo'd LT1, you two idiot **** heads should step the **** up, put your money where your starry eyed dumb *** mouth is and buy one of these magical "9sec stock engine turbo kits" Otherwise continue to be a stupid *** tire kicking cheerleader squad.

And as far as the guy doubting the 5.3 claim, I really hope you can see the irony in that. You jump to call BS at the 5.3 but yet some random guy who makes a "stock" LT1 run 9s is suddenly the next ******* messiah and you lash out at any one who doesn't agree. I have some ocean front property in Kansas for sale as well.

You are retarded.

Originally Posted by merim123
this has nothing to do with comprehension or intelligence in my mind, simply a matter of economics 101. No matter what we/you/all feel about the lt1, the economics say it's not worthy of big investment. the cars and chassis that had that platform, have the ls1 platform in later incarnations that all around provided a better car. The market dictates this not opinion.

With a love of the lt1, I tell you to do it. With a market/business hat on, walk away, you'll never get 100 kits sold, ever. It will be 3-5 to people that have invested far too much already.
At least someone gets it.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No way dude...i saw an LS1 fight godzilla and the LS1 beat godzilla and it looked in the air and was like what do you think of that god? And god was like bring it bitch, so they fought and the LS1 beat god and now the LS1 is god because its the greatest thing ever
Summarizes the posts in this thread.

let the god damn guy make a LT1 kit, and let people buy it. The more love for the LT1 the better. Yeesh. From a business stand point, I am sure he knows the LT1 market. It's a 16+ year old engine, so the market is small. I just don't understand all the **** talking that is going on.

Last edited by ThoR294; 07-01-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you want to build a turbo kit for the LT1, by all means go ahead. Almost everyone will be interested but the fact is that few will actually pony up the $$ to do it. From a business point of view, you need to determine if small volume builds are what you want to be bothered with. The time taken away from doing these builds may pull you away from other profitable work.

There are very few running fbody LT1 turbo cars for a reason. If folks are knocking down your door with cash in hand to build these at your price point, then become a sponsor and start selling.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just start making the lt1 kits. and LS engines are like a *** hole everyone has one. but thats why people like to do thing different. so u dont have the same **** as someone else.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

I bought my '96 z28 brand in in Nov of '95. It's gone through several incarnations.
Stock
Nitrous (11.1 @ 121mph)
383 stroker
Turbo with log manifold and TC76
Turbo with tubulars and PT7675
When the first LS1’s came out, they were beating all of us Lt1’ers but I swapped cams and put on headers, and I started beating them. This was fun because it agitated the crap out of the LS1 guys. Then the N2O made it easy to beat them because I kept my car looking stock and they kept picking on me.
After the turbo install, I was beating everything I raced. Z28’s, T/A’s, Vettes, Cobras, GT500’s, sport bikes, EVO’s, WRX, STI’s, Skylines, etc.
The LT1 is just a small block chevy(lots of parts are interchangeable) and the SBC has been going 7’s and 8’s for decades with the right mod’s and cars/setups. Like all motors, once you start throwing your wallet at it, anything can scream.
I’ve had two kits from LT1boost and he’s a great guy. I welcome anyone that is helping the LTx community. I love being the underdog because everyone thinks they can beat the ‘turd’ LT1. Sure it cost some money to do it right and I could have got an LSx a long time ago. But what would be the fun of that ?
BTW, Big Ric ran his turbo LT1 to 8.08. years ago.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

but bro... 5.3 man.... LT1s are worthless
Old 07-02-2013, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it for the fun. I'm kicking all these street cars to the curb. What costs more money? Any of the last few years GT500's or my 96 Z28 Lt1? Well, I've beat all 3 of them I've raced.
One at Lebanon valley, I beat twice. Two others on street races. All on Nitto DR's, full street weight, full interior, pump gas, sway bars installed. The look on their faces, priceless. They think they can rule LS1s but just know they can slaughter a factory 285 hp LT1... surprise!!

Originally Posted by ThoR294
but bro... 5.3 man.... LT1s are worthless
Old 07-02-2013, 04:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
I'm not in it for the money. I'm in it for the fun. I'm kicking all these street cars to the curb. What costs more money? Any of the last few years GT500's or my 96 Z28 Lt1? Well, I've beat all 3 of them I've raced.
One at Lebanon valley, I beat twice. Two others on street races. All on Nitto DR's, full street weight, full interior, pump gas, sway bars installed. The look on their faces, priceless. They think they can rule LS1s but just know they can slaughter a factory 285 hp LT1... surprise!!
and that's why I still have my LT1 lol this is exactly my plan for my car
Old 07-04-2013, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

Subscribed. When I get tired of filling bottles, I will go the stock cube forged piston rod turbo route.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
Everyone likes to call their car's sleepers, but it's rare to actually see a true sleeper...your car looks bone stock besides the intercooler but must be nasty as hell. Kudo's to you.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

OP, have you made a thread on LTx Tech? I have a strange feeling that you would get more love/less hate over there. Well, besides the LT1 Boost nutswingers that is.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man o man there is FAR TOO MUCH DISRESPECT going on in here! Let the man show his stuff if you don't like it leave the thread alone.......
OP thank you for your introduction and enthusiasm on the LtX platform. Personally I love the Lt1 I managed to do a lot and go far with being a bolt on car for many years 12.98@106 at 3000' DA. NO weight reduction prior to the 4.10s and tune I ran 13.8 and on a 150 shot,3.42s I was running 11.33-11.39 in my silver z which is retired now.....

I am in the process of restoring a 93 TA low mileage Lt1 and the idea of boost is really getting to me and I think I will pull the trigger but AC is a must have item for me.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK OP
Old 07-05-2013, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks! One of my favorite street races in Houston, I raced a skyline. He got me off the line but I pulled past him. After the race, he rolled down his window and yelled, "What the hell have you got in that thing?"

Originally Posted by Puck
Everyone likes to call their car's sleepers, but it's rare to actually see a true sleeper...your car looks bone stock besides the intercooler but must be nasty as hell. Kudo's to you.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Launching!

when did I ever say this kit would be good for 9's? its funny how good you are putting words in peoples mouths.

i said im doing a factory accessory friendly street kit for stock motors low boost blah blah blah, i did how ever say if you want a CUSTOM kit i can make what ever is needed from fast daily driver to obviously a "9 second" race setup.

since you keep putting " " over the stock part i take it you dont believe its stock, well when i take it out and rip it apart ill be sure to take some pics of it to send you.
or you can come on up here and race it, THEN ill take it apart and you can see for your self.

im going to make these kits no matter what i dont expect to have my door knocked down from all the people wanting one, i own a fabrication shop and thats what we do, i like building turbo systems for cars that dont have a good market. they may not make the most money out there but thats honestly not why im in this business . . .

its happening no matter what so thanks for every ones concern, but im off to finish up the manifolds.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xrambbc
when did I ever say this kit would be good for 9's? its funny how good you are putting words in peoples mouths.

i said im doing a factory accessory friendly street kit for stock motors low boost blah blah blah, i did how ever say if you want a CUSTOM kit i can make what ever is needed from fast daily driver to obviously a "9 second" race setup.

since you keep putting " " over the stock part i take it you dont believe its stock, well when i take it out and rip it apart ill be sure to take some pics of it to send you.
or you can come on up here and race it, THEN ill take it apart and you can see for your self.

im going to make these kits no matter what i dont expect to have my door knocked down from all the people wanting one, i own a fabrication shop and thats what we do, i like building turbo systems for cars that dont have a good market. they may not make the most money out there but thats honestly not why im in this business . . .

its happening no matter what so thanks for every ones concern, but im off to finish up the manifolds.
Thank you, well said.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie

I think a kit that uses stock manifolds or hooker shorties would be nice. Im debating this or doing a 5.3 swap. Has a price been set?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:16 AM
Teching In

Any updates on this..?
Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Man-Crush Warning

And, this is a little funny.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
And, this is a little funny.
You're such a dick, mancrushguy!
Old 08-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Originally Posted by SS RRR
You're such a dick, mancrushguy!
You shut your ***** mouth!

Did all the cheerleaders go buy one of these kits???

Quick Reply: Turn key LT1 f body turbo systems, whos interested???