LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Dropping T56 NOW, quick ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When my slave went out I got a replacement at NAPA that has a built in bleeder. Did it the GM way and still had air in the system after for ever. Pumping the slave like that is ridiculous... Ended up using the bleeder screw. Worked great. Then when my braided line from the master to the slave went out I found a buddy with an extra one and installed it. Bled it again using the bleeder screw on the slave. Perfect pedal feel, no air in system, took less then 5 minutes.

My service manual says pump the slave while it is sitting vertical. But that is for a slave without a bleeder screw. IIRC it also gives me a description on how to do it if I have a slave with a bleeder screw (just like brakes)... Not rocket science, guys. LOL
Old 06-17-2013, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed my order early this morning, I opted for the whole system cause its what- $60-70 more and because of the limited info/ misinformation out there I didn't want to deal with what may/ may not work- this is my only car and is on the street in NYC on ramps since friday now, I just want to get back to asap.

Thank you for clearing that up gents, finally I got some help on one of my threads

Quick Reply: Dropping T56 NOW, quick ?