LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cam upgrade ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by SS RRR
..........as well as the Bert reference......
I'm new here.....have no idea who "Bert" is .

......Do you have any links to articles regarding rocker flex.......
Nope, I only keep links to vendors. The tests I know of are from what I've read in a couple of books and magazine articles. I suppose you could Google them.....or ignore my statements altogether.....

..........Pretty sure the difference between the two are not going to be all that detrimental to most common LT1 setups unless one has OCD.......Hypermodding perhaps?
Perhaps......but then, you did state that your next rocker set may be steel rockers.....so go figure.

..........The Ultra Pros are new to the market and seem to be a great rocker. I'm considering those if my current ones ever fail......
KW
Old 07-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by KW Baraka
Perhaps......but then, you did state that your next rocker set may be steel rockers.....so go figure.
I've had the aluminum rockers since 2005. The new Comp rockers were not out then. I asked my builder what they recommended when this short block was done and they said to go with the Gold Racing rockers. I can't argue with those who build everything from LTx to Pro Mod engines for a living.
One of the key reasons why the new Comps are being considered is the clearance they have for larger springs, as well as their claim of being as light or lighter. I tried the Googles and came up with nothing, therefore I'll go ahead and ignore your claim.

Quick Reply: cam upgrade ?