LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Does this sound like a bad opti?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this sound like a bad opti?

So the car will start and run just fine when cold after about 30 mins of driving when the Rpms are bellow 1000 it likes to run like **** for a second an then stall. After it stalls depending how long it sits determines how long it will run before it stalls again. Replaced icm and coil already didn't fix the problem. I have long tube headers and ory installed so the engine bay gets pretty toasty. Any thoughts? I just replaced the opti 2 summers ago and i don't really want to again already lol
Old 07-28-2013, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Does your car have a mass airflow sensor? If so you could unplug it and run around in speed density to see if that changes the symptoms.

What does the fuel pressure do when the car is showing the symptoms you described?

Any mods besides the exhaust? Auto or manual trans?

When did it start doing this?

Doesn't really sound like optispark to me at this point.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Teching In

The car does have a mass airflow sensor, the mechanic shop where it's at right now already took out and cleaned it, it did not change the symptoms. The fuel pump was replaced last summer, I however have not had the opportunity to test the pressure when the car was showing the symptoms as I did not have a gauge available when it was. The car is an automatic, it has long tube headers full cat back exhaust cold air intake and a performance tune. The car started showing the symptoms after a long 2 1/2 hour drive up north as soon as I pulled into my campsite it randomly died and has had trouble ever since, It did the same thing on the drive home and ran great but randomly stalled as I pulled into my driveway lol
Old 07-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Also the car seems to run a lot better (not die) when the air temperature outside is cooler, and the car started doing this about a month ago

Quick Reply: Does this sound like a bad opti?