LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Worked Inatke manfold/95 z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Worked Inatke manfold/95 z28

I recently acquired a Intake maifold. It came with some paper work and after I read it,I was not sure I made the right choice.here it is:This is intended for A high power forced induction motor or NA engine.A monoblade tb opening,increasing plenum areas and raised runners.This is how it differs from common "port" work.The area above the intake port runners has aluminum plates professionally welded to allow raising the inside runners.This increased plenum volume and positioned the air flow more directly into the cylinder head.It is essentailly a high rise sinle plane like old style intakes.The intake runners improved shape and rasied angle allows better air charge into the cylinder head while the port opening is still the Lt1/Lt4 size to maintain air velocity and use with ported stock heads as well as aftermarket heads using a lt1/lt4 gasket.AFR 210 heads were matched to the manifold.It wastaken apart, glass beaded,welded atop the runners,ported and smoothed inside.Long story short..Will this help or hinder my car? Its mainly stock motor with a small unknown cam,Moroso CAI, 54mm tb,and magnaflow catback..thanks guys
Old 08-03-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Waste.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

One guy here made 429rwhp with ported stock heads 228 intake duration cam and an unported intake with a stock waterpump. Was a T56/10bolt car.

Cutting for a monoblade ruins the IAC circuit and screws up low speed and idle air distribution. No way in hell that manifold is worth you putting on. I might not even bother with it on a max effort motor.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:37 AM
TECH Regular

pics?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:59 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sounds like somebody is smoking dope. Btw, the story I see going around here about the factory being such a terrible restriction it total bull ****. 450 rwhp from an M6 head & cam car with long tubes and the factory manifold is not uncommon. I have tuned several. I don't remember any single plane car coming across my dyno making any more power than the best ported factory manifold cars. Maybe I just haven't seen a good one.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Teching In

I can post pics,but if you guys say it's crap..then why bother?I got it on a trade for work I did.The description was the abridged version of the paper that came with it.I dont plan on gong over 450, so I will just scrap the thing and keep mine..LOL...no harm no foul..Right..and to ME..it just looks cleaner,smoother,and the TB is opened up all the way..thanks for the input guys..saved me a headache and some work.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't necessarily scrap it... It might not be the best match for your application, but you might be able to sell it to someone who can make use of it (if it's a quality piece).
Old 08-05-2013, 08:11 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pictures might be interesting.

Quick Reply: Worked Inatke manfold/95 z28