LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

Hello, I have a 95 camaro z28, I wanted to install my own exhaust, I am going to be buying hooker headers, Kooks GM Off-Road Mid-Pipes, and two borla mufflers. I was wondering, Can i just bolt these pipes together, or after i put the exhaust on, is there anything I have to do with the computer for code or what not? Any feedback would be great.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site and your first post.

Assuming the exhaust components fits up to each other, you should be able to bolt it up (I'm pretty sure the Borla cat back system only has 1 muffler BTW).

You will not need to retune your car after doing full exhaust. I ran around on full bolt-ons for a long time back in the day without any tuning. Your PCM will learn and adjust on the small things like bolt-ons. Its not until you start opening up and modifying the motor that you'll need to have the PCM re-tuned.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like CALL911 said, it should bolt up together if you buy a catback system. Don't buy just the mufflers because then you will need to figure the piping out yourself. Long tubes and off road Ys that I've seen bolt up to just about every catback exhaust.

Quick Reply: Exhaust