LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help 94 Z28 Issues w/ Datamaster Pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help 94 Z28 Issues w/ Datamaster Pics

Hello All, I have a 94 Z28 and i can't seem to find out what my problem is.
So about a month ago the car started to act up. One night i went out to start her and she ran like crap( stumbling,possibly misfiring). I disconnected the battery reconnected it started it up and it was fine.

Next day i go out to start and it won't start unless i tap my foot on the gas pedal a few times while cranking, then once started she ran like crap.Tried the battery thing again with no luck.

So next day a friend comes over who knows a little bit about cars and i go out to start the car to show him and it starts up and runs fine. I took her out for a drive that night and drove fine for about 45 mins then started to stumble and misfire and no power while accelerating. Got it home slowly that night.

I thought maybe i had gotten some bad gas so i bought some octane booster and water treatment for the car and put that in with fresh gas. Same thing car ran good then started to stumble and misfire.

So i bought an OBD1 cable for my laptop and downloaded datamaster and scanned the car for codes. I got codes 29 36 42 61.

I then cleared the codes from the pcm and took my car out for a drive while logging with datamaster. I drove for 1.5 hrs and the car did not act up but the car is not still not running quite right it is rough at idle and smells rich.

Anybody have any input i dunno where to start...

I have taken it out for several drives while logging and it still hasn't acted up on me again.It has only thrown one code 29.

Last edited by camaro1975; 08-18-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Teching In

Here a few still screen shots from datamaster

Full throttle #1

Idle#1

Idle#2

Idle #3

Full Throttle #2

Cruising in traffic
Old 08-18-2013, 12:44 PM

This is how my car acted when I was having intermittent opti failure, until it went for good one day and the car wouldn't start. It would be hit or miss completely and the car would be fine, then either misfire bad or die conpletely and after waiting a while an starting it again, it would be fine, then do it again shortly after.

Quick Reply: Help 94 Z28 Issues w/ Datamaster Pics