LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

will Corvette LT1 fit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will Corvette LT1 fit?

Hi Everyone,
I recently found out that I have a cracked LT1 block so I am going to either replace the block or replace the whole engine. However, I know that camaros,firebirds, and corvettes all used LT1's I did find a good deal on a 1995 LT1 from a vette and just wondered if this motor will fit in my car?? I am assuming the mounts will be the same but will everything else still bolt up?? Any help is appreciated.

-Chris
Old 05-04-2004, 11:14 AM
Launching!

From what i have understood the block is the same however the itnake manifold is different (looks the same though) and all the accessories are different. But you should be able to use the block no problem. Might want to try a search at cz28.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Veteran

The motor is essentially the same. You will now have 4 bolt mains but that won't effect anything. Not for sure on the oil pan?????? The accessories will have to come from your car. Get the motor if you want it, all the externals on your engine can always go onto the new one if something is different.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Teching In

all most every thing is the same but the corvettes don't have a egr and the f body needs a egr you nead to in stall the egr and the fuel rales are diferent the fuel feed in corvettes is in the pasenger side and the f body is in the driver side and.

Quick Reply: will Corvette LT1 fit?