LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help me build an lt1

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
and gaskets and tuning and injectors, and some sort of datalogger to keep tabs on the engine etc. Modding a car isn't as cheap as these short sighted individuals are telling you. Even if it was once you do your $1200 worth of mods you find out two months later you fragged the tranny and a good 4L60E is going to cost an easy $1500+ and a LOT of bad 4L60Es cost that much, are you going to pick the right vendor?
Maybe the fuel pump is tired just from age, another $100+ there. ow about some suspension parts to minimize wheelhop so you don't break that glass axle the f-body got?

Still be nice to know what the pistons are because if the last owner put it together with stock cam and .020 over pistons it wouldn't surprise me if they are complete junk. A friend had an LT1 rebuilt before I met him and the "performance" shop used an $80 set of pistons that is a giant leap backwards from stock and they lowered compression on the engine a good half a point.
sealed power pistons. i already got the machine work and they ordered me a cam and new spring put new seals in the valves and checked everything over. so now its where to go from there. im picking block up monday.i know a transmission guy at work, i have decided to rebuild the trans while its out with his help any stall and internal parts reccomended?

Quick Reply: Help me build an lt1