LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

3.875" Stroke Crank Availability

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rear main aint the weak spot, the weak spot on a crank would be on one of the rod throws near the radius. The circle track guys use little to no harmonic balancers on the crankshaft that sets up all sorts of vibrations/harmonics crankshaft and then they break the crankshaft. They will do anything to get a lighter rotating assembly as they are on and off the throttle so many times in a race.

In terms of engine building, I would NOT try to copy anything that a dirt track or oval track guy does with their engine. Especially for a street motor.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

and most of us are driving around at 1000rpm higher than the pcm can handle.................
Old 04-10-2014, 11:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you need to get past that inferiority complex? Motor head? I'll give you mental bookworm at best. No one is talking 8,000rpm circle track motors here therefore it really isn't relevant.

So what does that have to do with a 3.875" stroker crank?? "it really isnt relevant" thats for sure. U want to talk 'bout 8,000rpm engines now?? Your as crazed as that crap manager babbling 'bout 1,000rpm more. Couple of sorry azz'es with nothing share - as usual. Why dont u 2 googly moogly together over to a circle track forum and show them how much u dont know.

So hey now your saying someone cant use a 1 to 2 RMS adapter and use a 2 piece RMS crank. Or are u just announcing your cranium is stuck in your colon?? Thats ok, we know the answer.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Banned

Time to shut the f___ up.

Well hey'll, the sorry azz gang is all here now. Another AI club member - we can smell it across the internet - your BS that is.

Yeah, we see u have shut up for over several months now. It was nice. So why u back now? Oh, so u fell off the wagon again and stopped treatment. I guess staying dry is difficult once your brain is already degenerated to much.

BTW did u get any $10k offers for your car?
Old 04-11-2014, 07:54 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
Time to shut the **** up.
Where the hell have you been?

Originally Posted by cardo0
So what does that have to do with a 3.875" stroker crank??
It has to do with the fact, as already stated, the LT1 setups using a 1-piece crank are not circle track motors, therefore this plethora of bookworm information you are trying to pass off as important and relevant is not.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Shut the **** up cardo. People are using 2 piece to 1 piece adapters all the time in lt1s, not the other way around, with no failures. Just shut up and go troll somewhere else.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

I don't think it's trolling. I think it's just pure retardation.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Shut the **** up cardo. People are using 2 piece to 1 piece adapters all the time in lt1s, not the other way around, with no failures. Just shut up and go troll somewhere else.
cardo was talking about using the 2 to 1 pc adapters, there is no other adapter...

to cardo: seriously??? why are you even feeding this anymore.... Learn that some people are retards, and you can't argue with a retard. You can't fix stupid. Also, most people do not care about useless, maybe be interesting, but useless information. You are not getting ripped because the info is bad but that it doesn't apply to the circumstances at hand. Which, by the way, makes you seem like you are an idiot who can't read or who doesn't understand. Which either way puts you into the category of people not to listen to. So try to be a little wiser with your posting. Sometimes not posting is better than posting.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cardo0
500hp and my one piece RMS crank will break?

Well, guess I am a few hundred hp above that... crap

When was the last time u drove it at 8,000rpm for 3 hours?

Have a nice crap,
cardo
See, this is the primary issue here, nobody here is going to drive around at 8000 rpm for 3 hours, and obviously you know that, so it is completely and totally irrelevant, that and the fact that someone asked a question about why and you went off like they were attacking you personally.

this thread was just a simple request for some information and now it's just been turned into a big .
Old 04-11-2014, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Banned

cardo was talking about using the 2 to 1 pc adapters, there is no other adapter...

No i said 1 to 2 pc just as summit racing does in my link: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-38315/overview/ Seal Adapter, Billet Aluminum, 1 to 2-Piece Style

Also, most people do not care about useless, maybe be interesting, but useless information. You are not getting ripped because the info is bad but that it doesn't apply to the circumstances at hand.

Did u even read this thread? The OP wanted a "made in USA" 3.875" crank and i helped him out. And it does apply to this thread. Did i know the pin heads would get flamed by using 1 to 2 pc adapters? No but i see now it burned a bunch of dumb azzes. And thats all they do is change the topic to what now, circle track builds? They dont want to talk about what the Chevy Power manual recommends or how many crankshaft options u have when using a 1 to 2 pc adapter. They are the same butt hurt losers that hang out on this forum only because of lack of moderators.

Which either way puts you into the category of people not to listen to. So try to be a little wiser with your posting. Sometimes not posting is better than posting.

Thx for your patronizing advice but your option means i cant share information here and allow the same bad mouths to harass others. If nothing else i think the rest of the forum here that remain quite because they are intimated get to see who the trolls really are here. How many new enthusiasts have to seen attacked and run off by the same clowns here? And i feel not many are aware of the 1 to 2 pc adapter and how many options it provides. Regardless of what u say i think its useful information that i havent read on this forum before.

So put me on your ignore list, thats fine. U dont see me quoting or attacking the same losers here because i use the ignore list myself. But as much as they say my advice is bad they continue to quote me and call me out. The real answer is get a real moderator here. Oh baby that would shut the losers right up. This is the last forum where they can run their mouth without getting the boot.

Yes we have more than one village idiot here,
cardo
Old 04-11-2014, 12:29 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 120 Likes on 89 Posts

You think this is bad?

lulz, go spew your stuff on the bullet.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Friggin hilarious the guy who thinks an Eagle cast crank is a reasonable option also wants to recommend a 2 piece rear main crank because the one-piece is "weak" at the flexplate mounting flange.

Yet in this application we can show him examples of the cast Eagle crank being fragile and in my decade plus of playing with this platform I am not aware of a single instance on the handful of forums I have and do frequent of someone posting about that particular failure.

cardo put down the generic books written to MAKE MONEY off of the likes of you and start observing the real world, maybe even start acquiring your own EXPERIENCE. That is what you like to argue against EXPERIENCE.

I dare you to find one cracked crank flange LT1 post, then go looking for the eagle cast cranks failing, tell us which is a valid concern as it applies to this platform.
You desperately try to apply non-applicable reading to this platform just to avoid admitting you are wrong in the face of EXPERIENCE. There are a lot of us who have been playing with this motor a long time and you seem to think reading outdated books trumps that.

A 2piece rear main adapter is a viable option but certainly not for the cracked flexplate mounting reasoning.

2piece rear main cranks were already being forged, cheaper to make an adapter than a whole slew of new forgings, and the 2piece rear main cranks are lighter because they don't have that big lump of iron at the rear the one-piece has.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:28 PM
12 Second Club

Cardo you do realize the lt1 is a 1 piece stock right? How would using a 1 to 2 piece give more options?

Oh and if you hadn't noticed another cast eagle crank just failed on ls1lt1.com.

http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/lt1-%7C-lt4-%7C-l99-engine-tech/88666-95-formula-383-horrible-vibration.html
Old 04-11-2014, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Cardo you do realize the lt1 is a 1 piece stock right? How would using a 1 to 2 piece give more options?
designed to install an early 2-piece style crankshaft into a late model, 1-piece engine block, so yeah it lets you use the early style crank in the lt1 block
Old 04-11-2014, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by fbody_brian
designed to install an early 2-piece style crankshaft into a late model, 1-piece engine block, so yeah it lets you use the early style crank in the lt1 block
No, he's trying to convert a 1 piece to a 2 piece to add strength.

Edit: should have read the description on the part he linked, 2 piece crank to 1 piece pan. Yes that does add options. Word your **** better.

Last edited by bufmatmuslepants; 04-11-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Banned

Friggin hilarious the guy who thinks an Eagle cast crank is a reasonable option also wants to recommend a 2 piece rear main crank because the one-piece is "weak" at the flexplate mounting flange.

What a disortion. That not even close to what i said. U are humored by your own fabrications.

cardo put down the generic books written to MAKE MONEY off of the likes of you and start observing the real world, maybe even start acquiring your own EXPERIENCE. That is what you like to argue against EXPERIENCE.

Dont read the Chevy Power Manual but listen to your puny EXPERIENCE in comparison?

Hey i did find your profile at wikiHow. So lets take a look at that.

Identifying Psychopaths with the Hare Checklist: The Hare Psychopathy Checklist was initially developed to assess the mental condition of people who commit crimes, and it is commonly used to diagnose people who may exhibit the traits and tendencies of a psychopath. Most mental health professionals define a psychopath as a predator who takes advantage of others using charm, deceit, violence and other methods to get what they want. Identify a psychopath by using the Hare Psychopathy Checklist and trusting your own intuition.

Look for a grandiose self perception. Psychopaths will often believe they are smarter or more powerful than they actually are.

Watch for a constant need for stimulation. Stillness, quiet and reflection are not things embraced by psychopaths. They need constant entertainment and activity

Determine if there is pathological lying. A psychopath will tell all sorts of lies; little white lies as well as huge stories intended to mislead.

Evaluate the level of manipulation. All psychopaths are identified as cunning and able to get people to do things they might not normally do. They can use guilt, force and other methods to manipulate.

Look for a lack of empathy. Psychopaths are callous and have no way of relating to non-psychopaths.

Talk about goals. Psychopaths have unrealistic goals for the long term. Either there are no goals at all, or they are unattainable and based on the exaggerated sense of one's own accomplishments and abilities.

Consider whether the person can accept responsibility. A psychopath will never admit to being wrong or owning up to mistakes and errors in judgment.

Pay extreme attention to the person's treatment towards others. Psychopaths are generally prone to belittle, humiliate, mistreat, mock and even attack physically (or kill, in extreme cases) people who normally would bring no benefits to him/her in any way, such as subordinates, physically frail or lower-ranking people, children, elderly people and even animals - especially the latter ones...

Thats u in a nutshell. See your doctor soon.
cardo

Last edited by cardo0; 04-11-2014 at 09:31 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 04-12-2014, 06:28 AM
11 Second Club

I have never read that book but I HAVE PUT TOGETHER A QUICK LT1 CAR.

Have you?

Quick Reply: 3.875" Stroke Crank Availability