LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ls7 lifter preload

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Village Troll

Received 536 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by shbox
He's had it out for me ever since I corrected his misinformation a few times on various forums. I don't like it, but I am used to it. I actually try not to get involved in threads he posts on, because he tends to get vindictive and nasty. However, he drew me out on this one. I'm sure he will have a field day with the supportive posts. In fairness, all the cardo0 supporters should chime, in too.

Sorry that the OP's thread got filled up with matter off the subject.
Even the most self-proclaimed engine wizards like cardo0 get shoebox'd! Where is your icon anyway?!

Last edited by SS RRR; 05-01-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back on shift, no time for internet. And u never answered my question(s). Do u even have a job? Have u ever had a job?? Ever work a 12 hr shift???.

And how 'bout shoebrain? He ever have a job?? Yea so its ok for him to attack me but im not supposed to expose his dump azz ideas like adj lifters by sound? U ever see me quote him?? No, i dont have to since his dump butt statements identify him without.

Why do i need a faster car to post the correct advice for hyd lifters??? My lifters work great. Oh, i get it. Thats the only fault u can find with my advice. Show no truth u say? Or is it share no facts?? Share only lies???

Good night kids,
cardo
Old 05-01-2014, 11:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

I am not a young person. I've probably worked for twice as many years as you are old (and yes, many 12 hr shifts).

I attacked you nowhere in this thread. I only responded to you when you attacked me, LOL.

Did I say something about "adjust lifters by sound" here?

Your petty name calling is sure to boost your fan club status.

Ok, so you say your lifters work great. That's nice to hear. But when others say theirs work great, too (with a differing opinion of setting them), you say they are all wrong. Maybe everyone is correct.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cardo0,
You should be an ASSet to the board and an example to us all. Please work a second twelve hour shift.

Last edited by wrd1972; 05-02-2014 at 02:20 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:04 AM
TECH Veteran

I am not a young person. I've probably worked for twice as many years as you are old (and yes, many 12 hr shifts).
Same here!!

I retired from full time work 6 years ago......after 37 years of 8-14 hour work days, usually 6 day, and sometimes 7 day work weeks, and frequently rotating shifts on top of it all.

YOU worked a 12 hour shift?? Cry me a river.....
Old 05-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Village Troll

But when others say theirs work great, too (with a differing opinion of setting them), you say they are all wrong. Maybe everyone is correct.
Pretty sure mr. cardo0 attempted to adjust valves with the engine running, failed and now believes the technique is wrong.
I dunno, as far as having a high mileage car and using how good it still allegedly runs as reference of experience, I had an '85 2.8L Camaro that went over 200,000 miles and the valve covers were never removed.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Use the 'Ignore' function people.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:52 PM
Staging Lane

Ok so I fixed my guide plates and all is good on that front. Now I have another problem. Im almost positive my exhaust valves are hitting my valves again. I can rotate my motor and at a certain point the motor just stops. I wait a few seconds (im guessing the lifter bleeds down a little bit) and then it spins freely again. This is what it did last time and I bent the valves when I hit the starter. I have the hot cam and the .026 head gaskets with 1.7s. Should I have gone with a thicker headgasket or am I doing something wrong?
Old 05-03-2014, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 97formula17
Ok so I fixed my guide plates and all is good on that front. Now I have another problem. Im almost positive my exhaust valves are hitting my valves again. I can rotate my motor and at a certain point the motor just stops. I wait a few seconds (im guessing the lifter bleeds down a little bit) and then it spins freely again. This is what it did last time and I bent the valves when I hit the starter. I have the hot cam and the .026 head gaskets with 1.7s. Should I have gone with a thicker headgasket or am I doing something wrong?
What's the preload, now?
Old 05-03-2014, 03:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 95 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 97formula17
. Im almost positive my exhaust valves are hitting my valves again.

I have the hot cam and the .026 head gaskets with 1.7s. Should I have gone with a thicker headgasket or am I doing something wrong?
you mean you think your exhaust valve is hitting the "piston" with the .026 and "1:7" RR?

or are you saying coil bind or valve springs hitting valve stem seal?

not clear on your statement "my exhaust valves are hitting my valves again"

valve lift on hot cam is .492/.492 with 1:5....so lift stays = (but higher) as you increase RR ratio on both intake & exhaust. soooo if you feel you have valve to piston contact with your set up on exhaust...it would seem that would also be the issue on intake.

I don't know your motor build (pistons in/out of hole by ".xxX", etc.)

why are you using 1:7 RR?

have you checked your sweep pattern with those RR?
Old 05-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Whoops meant valves hitting pistons. I dont think its coil bind. I took the exhaust rockers off and it was spinning fine. I set the preload at 1/2 turn past zero lash. The lower end is all stock.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:44 PM
TECH Veteran

It is not wise to run 1.7 rockers without determining actual valve to piston clearance. That said, most folks run 1.6 without any issues and you should consider that as well. Sounds like your skating on thin ice with piston to valve clearance.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If a HOT cam has PTV clearance issues on a stock shortblock then I suspect the timing chain was installed out of time. PTV clearance is rarely an issue on LT1s with a lot bigger cam and lot tighter quench than stock.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

I didn't think 1.7s with a hot cam would make that much lift especially since I've read other's thread about using bigger cams in stock motors. I'm going to pull the timing cover off this weekend and check the timing marks. I am pretty positive that I aligned the two dots up perfectly.
Old 05-08-2014, 01:34 AM
Banned

Ok shoe, what did u show up here for then? U can adjust the Comp R lifters - so what? Is that anything the OP needs. NO. No. No.
So the chronic liar uses spin for the lifter bleed down mistake he made to try and make him look like he actually knows what he is doing. Not! Poor OP still thinks it "takes a few seconds" for the lifters to bleed down and is to intimidated to adj the lifters 1 full turn. Hes looking the wrong direction for his problem mostly because of peer pressure. For some reason thats Ok with u. Or maybe u dont know better yourself.
He needs to nail his zero lash and learn to lock his poly locks securely. But the chronic liar and others feed him crap like lifters are slow to bleed and adj the preload 1/8 to 1/4 turn.
The chronic liar spins his lousy advice into something to make him look like actually knows what hes doing and all u do is take his spin to a higher level. The truth is no one can believe anything that he (or it) says now. He (it) writes he has a problem with his Comp lifter junk and then says he did had'm work'n but just doesnt want'm anymore. He (it) writes lifters take like hours or days to bleed down but now calls that a "misunderstanding". Cant believe anything he types now. And i have hard time believing anyone that runs his mouth like that can keep a job. But thats ok with u. That says to me its ok with u the OP trashes his vlv train again. Or anyone else as long as u get to shine here.

If u and googly woogly chronic loser want to talk Comp R then why dont u 2 start your own thread. See how many of your "friends" share your accomplishments.

Cardo0,

You should be an ASSet to the board and an example to us all. Please work a second twelve hour shift.

wrd1972, i did, i worked 5. Are u happy now?

And i bought 5 more auto books too. Hope that really P's someone off.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:15 AM
Village Troll

Originally Posted by cardo0
Awaiting your website with all of your profound info which will rival shoebox's...
Old 05-08-2014, 07:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok shoe, what did u show up here for then? U can adjust the Comp R lifters - so what? Is that anything the OP needs. NO. No. No.
So the chronic liar uses spin for the lifter bleed down mistake he made to try and make him look like he actually knows what he is doing. Not! Poor OP still thinks it "takes a few seconds" for the lifters to bleed down and is to intimidated to adj the lifters 1 full turn. Hes looking the wrong direction for his problem mostly because of peer pressure. For some reason thats Ok with u. Or maybe u dont know better yourself.
He needs to nail his zero lash and learn to lock his poly locks securely. But the chronic liar and others feed him crap like lifters are slow to bleed and adj the preload 1/8 to 1/4 turn.
The chronic liar spins his lousy advice into something to make him look like actually knows what hes doing and all u do is take his spin to a higher level. The truth is no one can believe anything that he (or it) says now. He (it) writes he has a problem with his Comp lifter junk and then says he did had'm work'n but just doesnt want'm anymore. He (it) writes lifters take like hours or days to bleed down but now calls that a "misunderstanding". Cant believe anything he types now. And i have hard time believing anyone that runs his mouth like that can keep a job. But thats ok with u. That says to me its ok with u the OP trashes his vlv train again. Or anyone else as long as u get to shine here.

If u and googly woogly chronic loser want to talk Comp R then why dont u 2 start your own thread. See how many of your "friends" share your accomplishments.

Cardo0,

wrd1972, i did, i worked 5. Are u happy now?

Seriously can someone ban this ******* idiot?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Banned

No, the rules dont prohibit posting the truth. And because they have to ban turd mouth lame brain slobs like u first.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Awaiting your website with all of your profound info which will rival shoebox's...
I'm not even sure he's connecting the dots between shoebox on here and his website or if he's even seen his website... If he has seen it and hes still arguing with him... I've lost all hope in this world.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, the rules dont prohibit posting the truth. And because they have to ban turd mouth lame brain slobs like u first.
Because you sound soo intelligent calling me a turd mouth.... get fucked *******.

Quick Reply: ls7 lifter preload