LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fast xfi and racepak iq3.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fast xfi and racepak iq3.

Hey guys, im doing a revamp of my 1996 firebird right now. motor its currently getting freshened and im ditching the stock pcm and opti for a crank trigger and dizzy. i have most of the wiring dealt with its just im lost at what do with the c210, c220 and c230 connections. im running separate wiring to the fans and pump but what i need to know is what i need to keep to have the bcm still function. ive grounded the theft relay so i still use the starter wire in the c210 plug. what else needs to stay? anything in the c100 and c105 connectors? im using the fast standalone harness for the engine controls and the racepak gauge ties into it and is standalone for the gauge wiring. i just want to make sure my radio, power windows and headlights all still work. i have staired at schematics all day and im still lost. i yanked the stock pcm and engine harness too
Old 05-11-2014, 09:28 AM
Launching!

http://shbox.com/1/bcm_1996.jpg

The BCM needs all powers and grounds shown in diagram to operate various accessorys. The outputs that are not needed can be deleted from the harness to simplify things. I would start by removing those items eg: "Fasten seat belt indicator control". Then trace all your powers and ground through the various connectors. All fusible links that power everything up run from the power distribution block at the passenger fender well. They will run through the firewall at C200. After that.. you look at the power and ground inputs at each device or find the wire in the harness bundle and make sure those wires stay intact from the BCM to the component to ground or if the BCM grounds it - its called a return.

I just did the same thing with a 94 - which has no BCM. I had a couple things that were missing after I was done, but got it all fixed in a afternoon. Take your time.. go one circuit at a time, and youll get it done. The BCM is just a switch board basically.. it recieves a signal, and sends out the correlating output to turn something on. It has bussed messages from the PCM only for theft and warning light purposes - which is being deleted in your case so no worrys.

By the way.. this was a lot easier with the harness unwrapped and out of the car.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

http://shbox.com/1/harness6.jpg

Ok so after looking at the bcm schematic, nothing that I need anymore ties into the engine harness I removed or into the connectors in the above link. From what I see in the bcm I could really eliminate it all together with its wiring but I'm not on that much of a weight savings kick so I can just leave it in all hooked up. I might still go through and remove all the abs wiring still
Old 05-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Get rid of everything you don't need. It's so much nicer not having any unused wiring in the harness.

Quick Reply: fast xfi and racepak iq3.