LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Oil Pressure low While Accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hrcslam
Forged rods and pistons, stock crank ground , 10/10. It is high priority. But my life stuff is even more so.

I know the rods side is too big for sure. But, it's gonna be alright. My question is if, but when. And when I do it, to 383 or to not 383. ....
Do it, maybe go 396, doesn't cost that much more ...gobs of low end/midrange torque is a lot more usable and fun on the street than a big cammed 350/355. No replacement for displacement!
Old 04-25-2015, 12:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
Do it, maybe go 396, doesn't cost that much more ...gobs of low end/midrange torque is a lot more usable and fun on the street than a big cammed 350/355. No replacement for displacement!
My Cam is a small base cam already too. I'd really only have to swap out the rotating assembly and re-tune (I do it my self). Should only cost the amount of the new rotating assembly and machine work, plus gaskets, minus selling my current rotating assembly. I'm considering this because of the increase in power and lower RPM's.

I'm considering not doing it because of the dinky 7.5" would have to be replaced even sooner (I'm M6).
Old 04-25-2015, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hrcslam
My Cam is a small base cam already too. I'd really only have to swap out the rotating assembly and re-tune (I do it my self). Should only cost the amount of the new rotating assembly and machine work, plus gaskets, minus selling my current rotating assembly. I'm considering this because of the increase in power and lower RPM's.

I'm considering not doing it because of the dinky 7.5" would have to be replaced even sooner (I'm M6).
I've got 383, 6spd, DRs, 4.10's, and 10 bolt....it hasn't exploded just yet! It's held up several years now. I'm running a TA girdle though for cheap insurance, and full rear end suspension mods, so no wheel hop. I also don't get too crazy on the launch, the beauty of the stroker and 4.10s is it's got so much torque, it won't bog if you launch at just over 2K RPM and then just roll into the throttle. My stockish LS1 will bog if I try to do the same thing...or the tires go up in smoke if I try to launch at 3K RPM, it's very hit or miss with the lower torque and stock 3.42s.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ahritchie
I've got 383, 6spd, DRs, 4.10's, and 10 bolt....it hasn't exploded just yet! It's held up several years now. I'm running a TA girdle though for cheap insurance, and full rear end suspension mods, so no wheel hop. I also don't get too crazy on the launch, the beauty of the stroker and 4.10s is it's got so much torque, it won't bog if you launch at just over 2K RPM and then just roll into the throttle. My stockish LS1 will bog if I try to do the same thing...or the tires go up in smoke if I try to launch at 3K RPM, it's very hit or miss with the lower torque and stock 3.42s.
I know what you mean. Under 2K and I bog, over 3K and I burn out. All-season street tires though, but don't want to risk it with anything stickier (I am going to Summer Street tires next though. I'd love that additional torque for sure. I do have great torque as is though, I can accelerate in 6th from 75-85 with very little throttle.

And my buddy who has a stock LT1 A4 was flabergasted at my torque and power. I gunned it to 90mph with him riding shot gun and I was like "yeah, feels kinda slow" he was like "dude you went from 35-90 like that (snaps his finger), holy wow!"

I've since done some tuning to his car, but left the auto alone. I told him when he's up for a rebuild, bring it to me; "$300 full rebuild with some upgrades (beast shell, 3/4 pack upgrade, tune, shift kit), but you'll need a good stall expect to pay close to $800 for a quality one." But, that stall will wake his car the hell up!

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure low While Accelerating