Mufflex 3.5" or 4.0"
1.41%
Summit/Jegs
1.41%
Other manufacturer (please specify)
0%
Custom; true dual (please specify)
12.68%
Custom; single intermediate (please specify p)
1.41%
Anything with a cut out
2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

In YOUR OPINION: best sounding exhaust for LT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Hmm my opinion? My car. Single 4" exhaust, dynomax bullet, used the flowmaster merge. Ordered the 4" bends from some diesel site to go over the axle. Way cheaper than mufflex setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28j6WVCi1R4

I start the car about 30 seconds in, ignore the extra racket, seems I have a lazy lifter.....
How hard was it to fit the 4" Over Axle Pipe in there? I've been looking into this type of set up, but splitting into a dual 3" y after the axle and twin bullets before each tip.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jaycenk
For the record I have a Borla adjustable with an E cutout. On my 383/LE2 heads it was good. On the 350/Le2 heads. I not as crazy about it and I have always wanted to find the time to build this next system below.
This was done a while ago. but I still love the sound of his custom true dual.
This is the video http://s140.photobucket.com/user/wrd...aust2.mp4.html

This is the build article. https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...cs-inside.html
I love that exhaust, but can't bring myself to spend that coin. LOL. For some reason I can't watch videos from Photobucket. It's a shame too cause I'm sure I'm missing out on some sweet LT1 music.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hrcslam
I love that exhaust, but can't bring myself to spend that coin. LOL. For some reason I can't watch videos from Photobucket. It's a shame too cause I'm sure I'm missing out on some sweet LT1 music.
I hear you on spending the coin. Which is why I waited to find one used. Next plan is to find a GMMG at a good price for my Daily driver Z28.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I like my 3" hooker Max Flow that I adapted to a Borla adj catback, L/T's and no cats. I capped off the passenger pipe.

I'm not IN LOVE with it, but it makes for a low drone cruising exhaust and has good tone at WOT.

The Borla muffler with capped off passenger pipe was nearly silent while cruising with no drone but too quiet at WOT for me.

Borla:

Hooker Max Flow:

Old 06-04-2014, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smitty2919
I like my 3" hooker Max Flow that I adapted to a Borla adj catback, L/T's and no cats. I capped off the passenger pipe.

I'm not IN LOVE with it, but it makes for a low drone cruising exhaust and has good tone at WOT.

The Borla muffler with capped off passenger pipe was nearly silent while cruising with no drone but too quiet at WOT for me.
Thats why you add an E cut out wired to the dash and tap that switch to open it a little until you get the sound you want to hear. I love love the Borla with Ecut out when I get a phone call I have to take. I can go from loud and proud to almost quiet with long tubes and no cats with the windows down and have a conversation. It's still loud with it closed but I can still talk and hear what the hell the other person is saying.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have always been partial to the Borlas, back in the day it was the "nice" exhaust system before GMMG or Corsa existed. I have an electric cut out in mine, sounds mean with it open but I usually keep it closed to not draw attention or when I am in a neighborhood. My C6 also has a Borla with Long Tubes and cats and it's a actually a little louder than the TA with the Borla closed. I wouldn't mind going to a 4" cat back but I like being able to quiet the car down when I need to.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm not a fan of electric cutout because NON of them last. Unless you have one mounted to the part I capped off in the back of the car where the heat is not as high.

I ran a fully uncapped borla catback for 2 days and it sounded like asssss. I still have the muffler that I could rig up a mechanical cutout to adjust the sound, but at this point I don't have any issues with my Hooker muffler.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hrcslam
How hard was it to fit the 4" Over Axle Pipe in there? I've been looking into this type of set up, but splitting into a dual 3" y after the axle and twin bullets before each tip.
It fits no problem, I might have dented it just a touch, I'm still using the stock PHB upper bracket.

This is the parts list I used.

Whole thread on 4" exhaust.

Kinda funny going back to that thread, I posted in it before I went over the axle, I used to run it DUMPED! It got to be too ridiculous though as I would drive the car from FL to PA on occasion.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camar0corey
It fits no problem, I might have dented it just a touch, I'm still using the stock PHB upper bracket.

This is the parts list I used.

Whole thread on 4" exhaust.

Kinda funny going back to that thread, I posted in it before I went over the axle, I used to run it DUMPED! It got to be too ridiculous though as I would drive the car from FL to PA on occasion.
Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: In YOUR OPINION: best sounding exhaust for LT1