LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Best muffler

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best muffler

What muffler gives the best exhaust sound? Looking for something super aggressive but not retarded loud like the obnoxious Hondas. I currently have a Flowmaster on mine but I'm not really feeling the sound. It's deep and all, but it's not what I'm looking for.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Launching!

You can hear a ton of different exhausts on YouTube to get an idea. The sound also depends on your setup. A stock car with just a cat back exhaust will sound completely different compared to the same exhaust on a car with lt headers and no cats. I have a hooker muffler on my car with lts and no cats. I love the way it sounds. If I want it louder I have an electric cutout. If I ever changed my exhaust again it would be to corsa.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree with Huntr1117, it depends on what you've done to your car. I know with a big cam and headers, nothing beats a corsa or GMMG for that low, chest-throttling thump. For stock cars, a more general, introductory muffler would mainly change the tone
Old 09-07-2014, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Sound is all preference so some will disagree, but I run longtubes, ORY, and dumped right after the Y pipe and it sounds raw. I was looking for the most gains from exhaust however.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:05 AM

Yeah, I look on YouTube all the time but it sounds different than what it would be like in person. Right now, it's stock besides having a tune. So if that can help anyone choose out a good sound for, that'd help. I'll look up the brands you guys just listed on YouTube to see what that sound like
Old 09-09-2014, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a 3" I pipe and OTA pipe that goes into a classic chambered powerstick muffler with a turndown right behind the drivers side rear tire. It sound very good at idle but not obnoxious and it sound awesome WOT. The whole deal costs a little over $200 and doesn't weigh all that much either. The I pipe and OTA pipe can be bought from summit or on eBay a little cheaper ($125) and the powerstick was about $90 shipped. Turndown is a piece I made with spare pipes.

Cheap, sounds great at idle, normal driving, and WOT, and doesn't weigh very much. Everything also fits nice.

Quick Reply: Best muffler