LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

N/A build for a LT-1

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N/A build for a LT-1

I plan on buying my CC503 cam. I just wanted to know what are a good brand of valve springs and roller rocker arms as well? If possible can I get a kit too?
Old 09-24-2014, 05:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

For the 503 Alex's Parts springs or Howard 98215 are the $100 options, comp 918s work, maybe even Comps new conical springs. I always recommend duals tho since it gives a little redundancy if you have a failure and will support if you upgrade cams. The 503 will need to be shifted at 6500-6600 for best track times, which is above the 6300 rpm suggested limit for self aligning rockers. So it is suggested to get 7/16 ARP rocker studs, hardened adjustable guideplates or trickflow guideplates, a pushrod length checker tool to measure pushrod length then get hardened pushrods in the correct length. For rockers, 1.6 comp pro mags, ultra pro mags, crane gold, scorpion or Crower non self aligning rockers, and trim the webbing of the valvecovers where needed to fit. Use your stock lifters, GET A MAIL ORDER TUNE BEFORE FIRST STARTUP!

And it was said in your other thread, you NEED long tube headers and a cold air intake before a cam.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
For the 503 Alex's Parts springs or Howard 98215 are the $100 options, comp 918s work, maybe even Comps new conical springs. I always recommend duals tho since it gives a little redundancy if you have a failure and will support if you upgrade cams. The 503 will need to be shifted at 6500-6600 for best track times, which is above the 6300 rpm suggested limit for self aligning rockers. So it is suggested to get 7/16 ARP rocker studs, hardened adjustable guideplates or trickflow guideplates, a pushrod length checker tool to measure pushrod length then get hardened pushrods in the correct length. For rockers, 1.6 comp pro mags, ultra pro mags, crane gold, scorpion or Crower non self aligning rockers, and trim the webbing of the valvecovers where needed to fit. Use your stock lifters, GET A MAIL ORDER TUNE BEFORE FIRST STARTUP!

And it was said in your other thread, you NEED long tube headers and a cold air intake before a cam.
Alright, thank you for your advice and yes I remember them saying I need LT headers. I plan on buying Pacesetters LT Race Headers. But yes I'm making my way up little by little.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want a "Kit" it's hard to beat the lt4 hotcam kit for the money, otherwise just get some good dual springs recommended for that cam and some Comp ultra pro magnum rockers (self aligning should be fine)
Old 09-25-2014, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The LT4 springs are marginal at best with heavier LT1 valves, and the rockers in that kit leave no room grow later. On the surface it is a good deal but once you really look at it,not so much.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Just from personal experience. I bought the Hotcam kit and am not super happy with it. Yes its GREAT for a daily driver which is why i bought it. It also sounds amazing but I'm running into the valve spring issue. In the higher RPM's I'm getting really bad valve float (I believe). So i will be upgrading the springs to Alex's springs. The hot cam kit is hard to beat but, if i was to do it again, I'd go 503 with better parts. Just my opinion.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The HOT cam is a good cam to start with, mellow enough to not discourage people with any poor manners, big enough to be a real upgrade, and easy enough on valve springs to truly daily drive for a few years before needing to swap them so long as you use enough spring in the first place.
The kit is just not so great.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Launching!

I plan on having a Honda Civic for a daily. While I have the T/A to go to meets or going to the track. I've been looking around for some good deals. I'm about to purchase Pacesetter LT headers along with ORY, to get the exhaust going so it can sound good with a Cam. I've saw some youtube videos with the CC503 Cam and it sounds amazing straight piped.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

http://www.alexsparts.com/lt1-valve-...rs-locks-cups/

these will work.and good price

Quick Reply: N/A build for a LT-1