LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Reviving a 94 formula

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reviving a 94 formula

Last week I bought a 94 formula M6 for a steal on the one condition, it doesn't start. Now From the surface the car looked pretty good, engine appeared well taken care of, interior was very clean, and the body was in good condition just in need of paint. The 2 main issues the last owner told me where points of the engine harness where a snack for a mouse family, and he has not been able to get the fuel pump to cycle. At this point I have torn the intake off, stripped cleaned and painted the intake and throttle body. I have fixed the wiring harness and tested to see if the fuel pump cycles. The pump dose non cycle so I will be replacing that. I am going to be testing the injectors to see if they work.

The Question I have is actually being im this far into the engine what else would you guys suggest I replace to save some headache when I go to crank her and what should I be looking for as signs of a possible part failure.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

How did you 'cycle' the fuel pump? I ask because there is a wire by the PCM (under the hood) that is a direct how wire feed to the pump. If you just tried the KO-KO method it may having wiring issues causing it to not prime. If you feed power via the wire by the PCM you may have a working FP. Worth a shot if you did not try it that way...
Old 11-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Teching In

where is this wire? yes I was trying the key off on and I heard the relays activate as they do in my 94 V6 firebird but there was no report or flow from the fuel pump.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Here is a picture to help you find it. If you know where the PCM is located you should have no problems finding it. http://shbox.com/1/fuel_pump_prime.jpg

Quick Reply: Reviving a 94 formula