LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Which Tuner to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Which Tuner to go with?

I'm looking at Soloman or pcmforless to tune my bolt on 96z28. I am going to be adding mac mid headers soon and deleting my air pump, and egr crap. I would like to keep the o2 sensors in my catless y pipe though. Which tuner is best? Soloman is 145 bucks if I send him my pcm in the mail. pcmforless price? I think soloman allows one free retune.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Bump. I want to know was well
Old 02-15-2015, 07:02 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used pcmforless twice first was for supercharged stock lt1 done by bryan then after a lot of quarter mile runs I broke 4 pistons don't rember the cost of the first tune. Second retune for built 383 was around 65.00 dollars retune was done by keith. Never had car on a dyno but car ran great with both tunes im very happy with them
Old 02-16-2015, 09:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

I had my 383 LT1 tuned by Solomon last Fall. Being completely honest I don't think I could of been happier with how he handled everything. The tune is spot on. Car can sit for however long in any weather and as soon as that motor cranks she fires right up and idles smooth. The car previously had a pcmforless tune on it with the last 383 setup the car had. The pcmforless tune was just a one and done type of tune to where Solomon sent out more than one tune to get it dialed in. I did the cable loan program which allowed Solomon to send multiple tunes and I could send him data logs.

Here is a cold start up with Solomons tune. I have actually changed the headers, exhaust, and MAF after getting it tuned by him as well. Solomon did tell me this 85mm Delphi maf should not need any tweaking though.

Last edited by CamOnlyJabroni; 02-16-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds healthy^^
Old 02-16-2015, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks. I can't wait for this winter to melt off so I can see how she runs with the new goodies.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:22 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Who is Solomon? Does the MadZ28 guy still tune? What about Ed Wright?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the process of getting tuned by Solomon, i've only heard good things about his tunes, and he's very on top of things. I had my order submitted and within an hour or two i had an email from him asking a clarifying question about a discrepancy between my base tune and some info on my car i entered. I'll let you know how it goes next week after all the work is done if you haven't decided by then.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BTC
Who is Solomon? Does the MadZ28 guy still tune? What about Ed Wright?
Here is a link to Solomon's webpage.
http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com/
Old 02-16-2015, 10:38 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
Here is a link to Solomon's webpage.
http://www.lt1pcmtuning.com/
Thanks. Someday I suspect I will need a tune, hopefully before I'm 60. Your car sounds good.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

PCM for less would be my personal last choice. The last tune I received from them was crap, it gave me two SES codes that they caused and ran very rich. It was so bad that when I had Moe tune it in person, he asked if I was tuned for nitrous (which I wasn't). I believe Moe (MoeHorsePower on here) does mail order tunes, and that's who I'd recommend.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Solomon hands down.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
I had my 383 LT1 tuned by Solomon last Fall. Being completely honest I don't think I could of been happier with how he handled everything. The tune is spot on. Car can sit for however long in any weather and as soon as that motor cranks she fires right up and idles smooth. The car previously had a pcmforless tune on it with the last 383 setup the car had. The pcmforless tune was just a one and done type of tune to where Solomon sent out more than one tune to get it dialed in. I did the cable loan program which allowed Solomon to send multiple tunes and I could send him data logs.

I have a solomon tune right now. Seems decent. Ive also had a madz28 as well. Good results from both.

Hey Camonlyjabroni, How was the over all process of data logging and sending it to him? Was it fairly easy to deal with the software and stuff? I want to go this route when i do my H/C in the spring but im intimidated by that. Could a beginner figure out how to run the stuff and send him useful info? How quick did he send you updates?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
I have a solomon tune right now. Seems decent. Ive also had a madz28 as well. Good results from both.

Hey Camonlyjabroni, How was the over all process of data logging and sending it to him? Was it fairly easy to deal with the software and stuff? I want to go this route when i do my H/C in the spring but im intimidated by that. Could a beginner figure out how to run the stuff and send him useful info? How quick did he send you updates?
Sent you a p.m. A beginner can figure it out. I would say give yourself an hour installing the software into your laptop. Solomon is very good at answering questions. I will help with any questions you have the best I can. Biggest part is getting the software installed. Which was not that bad. I don't know Solomon personally so don't think I am getting something out of this. He is just a good resource and LT1's don't have many of those. Maybe the more LT1's run better the more they will be worth on LS1tech

Solomon also recommends running Delphi AFS75 O2 sensors. I didn't have a Amazon account but ended up finding them on Walmarts website for the same price. http://www.walmart.com/ip/ACDelco-Ox...AFs75/34185999

Here is a link in case you want to try them out.

Last edited by CamOnlyJabroni; 02-17-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Which Tuner to go with?