LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

P0719, P0441, & P0100 '96 LT1 SES Codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0719, P0441, & P0100 '96 LT1 SES Codes

I fixed all these trouble codes from what I've read on how to get to them on here and on the manual. These codes are still coming up and after I've done my research (Read on here and the chilton manual) in order to fix the problem.

P0719: Changed both of the brake sensors behind the brake pedal and the light still comes back on.

P0441: I changed the EVAP Purge Solenoid on the passenger side of the intake manifold (standing in in front of the car) than I changed the purge valve by the gas tank with new hoses to and from the charcoal canister. I was reading in the manual that the charcoal canister has to be replaced every 30,000 miles or every 12 months. (assuming this the reason that the SES light is on.) The gas smell became more less at bare minimal sometimes. However, the code is still on.

P0100: I changed my plastic air tube (the stock black one that comes in all Firebird and Camaro LT1s have.) to a nitrous elbow. When I put on the nitrous elbow and cleared the codes. The P0100 code came on (I kid you not!) a split second later. It didn't take up to 24 to 48 hours for the code to come back like it usually does. I erased the codes and it pops on a split second later, not while driving or doing anything. Just sitting there stationary, I thought the problem was the MAF sensor? I went an bought a new one off a guy from Craigslist for $50 (to save me more or less $200) thinking I needed a new one. I finally installed the new one and it still does the same thing. From the several threads I've read, it can be a possible short in the wiring harness. Can this be a reason on why these other codes are coming up too? I'm trying to pass smog and I'm trying to re frame from paying a guy close to $200 to pass me illegally. I rather pay $15 instead.. lol

Last edited by LTX_Alex; 03-09-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you change anything recently? Loosen a ground cable? Check all your fuses first, particularly ENG SENSOR and ACTUATORS.

P0100 is a common issue because of the wiring for the MAF, it gets brittle or the wires get pulled too hard and break.

P0441, check all your EVAP hoses, make sure they're hooked up right and not cracked or falling apart. Make sure the purge switch is hooked up. What brand purge solenoid did you use? A lot of the aftermarket ones (even AC Delco) are crap these days.

P0719, the circuit is incredibly simple. Did you adjust that new brake switch?

Quick Reply: P0719, P0441, & P0100 '96 LT1 SES Codes