LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Overheating, SOLVED.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015 | 12:44 PM
Man-Crush Warning
15 Year Member

A **** ton of peltier circuits, a small nuclear reactor in the trunk and bam! Electric cooled
Old 06-29-2015 | 12:55 PM
12 Second Club

Nuclear reactor and 40k feet isnt feasible. Much more feasible to speed up global warming, flood all roads and pump the flooded roads with a foot pedal pump to cool the engine.

What about a hamster wheel and a dangling carrot? Or a vegan and some kale on a teadmill? Crossfit- LTX cooling style
Old 06-29-2015 | 12:55 PM
Village Troll
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
Now if only we could get SSRRRRR and Craprice in here dissing LE and nut hugging AI, THEN it would be a epitome of LS1tech threads.
I have never nut hugged AI. I have never been brand loyal, but I will call a man-crush a man-crush when the need arises.
Old 06-29-2015 | 12:58 PM
Man-Crush Warning
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I have never nut hugged AI. I have never been brand loyal, but I will call a man-crush a man-crush when the need arises.
Ok fine, you nut hug the silly place that ported the heads you have, GTP?

Either way, how long can a thread go, if there are no mods to close it?

Optispark trouble ahead????
Old 06-29-2015 | 01:08 PM
Village Troll
20 Year Member

All I've ever said that could be considered "nut hugging" is given the choice I would do AI, LPE or GTP before LE any day of the week. Multitudes of butt hurt over that one.
I have jokingly nut hugged LPE by stating my carLINGENFELTER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING LT4 CYLINDER HEADS AND INTAKE has
Old 06-29-2015 | 01:10 PM
12 Second Club

We could put a shake weight in the car and you shake weight it up and power the water pump, there's definitely enough jacking off on this forum.
Old 06-29-2015 | 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

I say add small coolant lines from block through the wheel wells so ice/snow doesn't build up. And yes I drive my **** in the winter...so what, wanna fight 'bout it??

I would have liked to know my MPG's with OEM pump vs EWP...but I never cared about MPG's to even see what I was getting.
Old 06-30-2015 | 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by hrcslam
What unfounded facts? If your so ignorant to the laws of physics to completely ignore reported user experience, manufacturer limitations (Yes Mesiere, give em a call I did), and independent studies by multiple reputable sources, I can't help you get your head out of your ***.

Nothing I said was unfounded. You on the other hand have absolutely said some pretty ridiculous things, like that blanket statement "ewp = win". Um no, that's easily proven wrong. Just look at what BMW had been dealing with on theirs, you know the recall and all. .......

Its simple really, you came into this thread about a part that has lasted longer than any reported life of any EWP, spewing some generic generalized lie, got called out on it (apparently while menstrual cycling) and seem to have gotten your tampon stuck in your mouth.
When you can, I have some simple requests....

Not always. I wouldn't trust one in my driving condition. Try the electric water pump on a road course, no win there. When customers show their coolant temps rise on the highway, that tells you something about the pumps limited cooling capacity. Plus how many EWP have gone 20+ years?
Could you please post data supporting this?

The added complexity of the EWP comes with adding additional steps into its operation. Now you are depending on the alternator for power, if that goes or the belt does you loose cooling as quickly as the battery dies.

The EWP also flows less at RPM. So for situations that call for sustained rpm operation the EWP is a no go. For drag racing or other situations that call for short bursts of power, EWP all the way because it can cool better at low/idle rpms far better than the stock mechanical unit.

If they made an EWP that could flow 50+GPM UNDER LOAD I'll be all over it.
Please, the data.

Wow, seems you need a lesson on battery capacity. That's the difference between needing a tow truck or getting home without one, or over heating.

You seem to think I'm totally against EWPs. I'm not. It depends on its use and vehicle application.

The only bull **** being spewed is blanket statements like "EWP for the win". That's generalizing a specific.
Do you have any supporting data on this theory?

You feeling butt hurt there Shownomercy ?

BTW, I found out the BMW did do an EWP from the factory (E90). Wow, talk about a failure rate. It's embarrassingly bad for BMW........
Data for highlight one and data to show the relation to the current discussion for highlight two? Did you know cars have motors and some and fast but some are slow????? Some are good but some are bad?????

I'll wait for your rigorous efforts to be posted.

Old 06-30-2015 | 10:34 AM
Man-Crush Warning
15 Year Member

Don't drag me into this mess, I just want a clutched WP
Old 06-30-2015 | 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Does your BMX bike have an EWP by any chance?
Old 06-30-2015 | 11:14 AM
Village Troll
20 Year Member

Jersey shore ******** ruining yet another thread!
Old 06-30-2015 | 11:33 AM
Launching!

Question.....My car is overheating. It is back in PA (I am currently in Ohio) so I just sent it to the local shop thinking it was a thermostat and/or waterpump. Guy says it wasn't the waterpump (not sure how he diagnosed) and he changed the thermostat. Temperature dropped for the day and he thought all was good. When he went out the next day to start up it began overheating again. That's when he called and said it was the head gasket. Do you guys think it could be this problem and should I recommend it to him to at least look into before he begins the thought of tearing it down (although I might bail all together and just put the car in storage because I hate the thought of paying a guy $1000+ for $150 in parts installation.)
Old 06-30-2015 | 11:36 AM
Man-Crush Warning
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Jersey shore ******** ruining yet another thread!
Can one ruin threads on tech, or is every thread made.. already ruined?
Old 06-30-2015 | 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bandits96ss
Question.....My car is overheating. It is back in PA (I am currently in Ohio) so I just sent it to the local shop thinking it was a thermostat and/or waterpump. Guy says it wasn't the waterpump (not sure how he diagnosed) and he changed the thermostat. Temperature dropped for the day and he thought all was good. When he went out the next day to start up it began overheating again. That's when he called and said it was the head gasket. Do you guys think it could be this problem and should I recommend it to him to at least look into before he begins the thought of tearing it down (although I might bail all together and just put the car in storage because I hate the thought of paying a guy $1000+ for $150 in parts installation.)
Could be an air pocket in the system (did they bleed the system?), could be the WP driveshaft "slipping", or could be an old clogged up rusty radiator. I would ask them specifically how they know your WP is not the issue. How old is your WP?
Old 06-30-2015 | 04:05 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bandits96ss
Should probably just get an EWP. I hear they are equivalent to gold in value. Absolutely no short comings what so ever. They use .11hp to do the work of 6hp with ZERO loss of cooling capacity. I know it sounds like it's too good to be true right? Just ask SweetBMXRider, he'll tell you all about it!

But wait, there's more. Talk to him today and he'll even trow in a bunch of ignorant statements like the ones below!
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider
When you can, I have some simple requests....

Could you please post data supporting this?

Please, the data.

Do you have any supporting data on this theory?

Data for highlight one and data to show the relation to the current discussion for highlight two? Did you know cars have motors and some and fast but some are slow????? Some are good but some are bad?????

I'll wait for your rigorous efforts to be posted.

Yep, still too lazy to do your own research. Turn your blind eye to your wonderful 0.11HP coolant pump! (Do I need to do the math for you on this one too? Or can you figure that out all by your self? BTW that's about the power of a ceiling fan on max power).

I'm not going to go through all that again (I've had these conversations in many threads already). How about you educate yourself. The easiest way? Call YOUR pump manufacturer and ask them straight up. You may end up with your ***** in a wad though when you hear their answer..... Why did I call them you ask? Good question, because I was considering running one.......... I still have the mechanical, I wonder why?????

There's this wonderful thing called the internet, and on it there is the largest data base of information ever collected. You can even search it with multiple different sources and results. It sounds like an impossible idea, I know, but it's real!

Your level of troll on this thread is amazing (do I need to do the research for what a troll is for you too? Or do you think you can handle that?). I think it's award winning really.

Last edited by hrcslam; 06-30-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-30-2015 | 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ahritchie
Could be an air pocket in the system (did they bleed the system?), could be the WP driveshaft "slipping", or could be an old clogged up rusty radiator. I would ask them specifically how they know your WP is not the issue. How old is your WP?
More seriously though, this.
Old 07-01-2015 | 08:44 AM
TECH Addict

I would like to put sweetbmxrider and hrcslam in a room and let them argue over if Michael Jackson was black or white...

...or does it matter? (see wut I did thurr?)
Old 07-01-2015 | 09:29 AM
Village Troll
20 Year Member

Old 07-01-2015 | 10:43 AM
TECH Addict

Should probably just get an EWP. I hear they are equivalent to gold in value. Absolutely no short comings what so ever. They use .11hp to do the work of 6hp with ZERO loss of cooling capacity. I know it sounds like it's too good to be true right? Just ask SweetBMXRider, he'll tell you all about it!

But wait, there's more. Talk to him today and he'll even trow in a bunch of ignorant statements like the ones below!

Yep, still too lazy to do your own research. Turn your blind eye to your wonderful 0.11HP coolant pump! (Do I need to do the math for you on this one too? Or can you figure that out all by your self? BTW that's about the power of a ceiling fan on max power).

I'm not going to go through all that again (I've had these conversations in many threads already). How about you educate yourself. The easiest way? Call YOUR pump manufacturer and ask them straight up. You may end up with your ***** in a wad though when you hear their answer..... Why did I call them you ask? Good question, because I was considering running one.......... I still have the mechanical, I wonder why?????

There's this wonderful thing called the internet, and on it there is the largest data base of information ever collected. You can even search it with multiple different sources and results. It sounds like an impossible idea, I know, but it's real!

Your level of troll on this thread is amazing (do I need to do the research for what a troll is for you too? Or do you think you can handle that?). I think it's award winning really.
Too lazy to find no information on your radical claims? Yeah

You were so confident in your bull **** days ago, what happened? You clearly have nothing to support your "facts" and have lowered your argument to grammar school name calling. All these "facts" coming from someone that didn't know the simple addition of 2 o-rings in such a simple setup would be "the difference between a tow truck and driving home" when they managed to overheat with a flawless cooling system that's "20 years" old and I am the one turning the blind eye?

Brb gotta go change my battery cause I turned the key on and my water pump overheated!
Old 07-01-2015 | 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by smitty2919
I would like to put sweetbmxrider and hrcslam in a room and let them argue over if Michael Jackson was black or white...

...or does it matter? (see wut I did thurr?)
A woman.

Quick Reply: LT1 Overheating, SOLVED.