LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Blow by and blue smoke!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blow by and blue smoke!

I have a 93 lt1 that I recently did some stuff too. includes having head redone with guides checked, new seals and a valve job, also put a cam in as well. after I did this the car seems to have a blow by and blue smoke problem. have checked compression and all of the numbers were around 185PSI with very minimal gains after oil was put in cylinder. all of the plugs seem to be fine, only thing I noticed was the threads seemed to be oily? have had the intake off two times now suspecting a leak there. the first time it looked like it was leaking so I replaced. second time I pulled it off it was dry. there is no pressure behind the blow by either just a lot of smoke when the oil cap is taken off. have good vacuum and have also had it tuned for mods. any more questions please ask! thanks!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you getting blue smoke out the tailpipe? Is the PCV system hooked up properly? I run breathers on both valve covers on my car.. How many miles on your short block?
Old 09-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993 trans/a
there is no pressure behind the blow by either just a lot of smoke when the oil cap is taken off.

You got smoke coming from the valve cover or out the tail pipe?

Quick Reply: Blow by and blue smoke!