LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TTS DataMaster sample rate

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default TTS DataMaster sample rate

I figured I would start here first before going to the Tuning section. I'm trying to use Datamaster on my 95 Z28 to mostly datalog and as a code scanner/eraser.

My latest project has called me to read MAP/RPM/AFGS in hopes to design a low restriction intake tract. When I export the data into excel to start using these logs in further calculations then graphing them, I get a VERY saw-toothed profile.

I'm taking it a step further to calculate and graph Vol. Eff. over a WOT pull. This also spikes up and down like crazy. Speaking with a trusted speedshop friend he mentioned slowing down the sample rate. Initially it was set to MAX of 10 rec/sec.

Would anyone know a good starting point to set the sampling rate which would give me accurate information without getting "too detailed". In other words, is there a known "output rate" of the PCM under normal operation that I can match/set DataMaster to in order to extract data?

Thanks for any help.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

engines generally modulate their parameters, so if you lower your resolution, you're still going to read the modulation. lowering the sample rate is not smoothing, or averaging. try reading RPM16 at a lower sample rate. it'll still look sketchy, but it'll be even less readable.

faster is better, and data is more accurate when you're reading more data points and rejecting noise yourself. just smooth the data until it's readable. there must be formulas and functions in most good spreadsheet software that'll do it.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

So your suggestion would be to keep it at max sample rate, but to generate a "best fit line" once you plot the data?

Quick Reply: TTS DataMaster sample rate