LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Found a gem

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Found a gem

So I was looking on craigslist, and came across someone who has a studded Billet Splayed Main Cap 355 w/ Eagle Forged Crank/Rods w/ SRP blower pistons. Asked for pictures and it looks legit. Person said they had this engine and many other small/big blocks in a climate controlled storage unit and they are losing the storage unit. It seems to good to be true, only wants $1000 for the short block. Says the engine has never been fired up.
What steps would I even take to make sure this engine is legit? Machine shop probably wants an arm and a leg to disassemble check everything and reassemble.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Check all part numbers. The crank should have one on the first counterweight so make sure it's really a 4340 piece. The rods will have them etched into the sides (really hard to see). They need to be 4340 with 7/16" arp bolts. Not sure where the SRPs will have markings.

I'm guessing you want to use this for boost being that you have a procharger? The SRPs have a not so good reputation but a lot of that comes from super deep dishes and valve reliefs that make the area behind the top ring groove really thin. A lot of it may be tune related too.

Quick Reply: Found a gem