LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

24x Wire Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 05:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 24x Wire Questions

Hello all, I have slowly been working on wiring up the 24x efi connections system with the wiring harness built by BP Automotive. Car is a 95 Z28, m6. This has been an almost 5 year process including rebuilding the motor, le2 swap, etc. I ran into some questions, I wasn't too sure on, so I was looking for some clarifications.

1.)I have a leftover connector here, looks like 3 prong and purple, near driver side front, near the wheel well. Don't know where this guy goes?

2.) If I remember correctly, this is what is leftover from a dedicated fuse relay for the CSR water pump and a MSD 6A hookup, which I removed. If you look closely, the installer attached a red wire to the red from the existing line in the main harness, which I clipped (to remove the box). And I believe the black fuse line was for the water pump. What do I need to do here to make it safe and work properly?

3.) EVAP canister Purge Solenoid Valve Connector is open. Can it stay unattached? Car has long tube headers and the emissions stuff is gone, with new computer tuned without it.

4.) I have one vacuum line coming out of the main harness, near the dipstick. Does this go to the manifold or to the Vacuum check valve (top or bottom)?

5.) Another vacuum line out of the new main harness. Does this go to the Vacuum check valve? (Top or bottom?)

Thank you in advance for the help!
Old 01-18-2016, 06:40 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

1) Could be cruise control, or ABS related
2) Do you have an EWP hookup in the BP harness?
3) Yank the EVAP (AFAIK the 0411 cannot run it) and plug the intake vac port. You can yank the line all the way back to the tank if you want and then run a small filter to prevent crap from going back up in.
4) I would guess that is either EVAP or FP reg, trace it back more.
5) HVAC vac source, if you have HVAC you need it, if not delete it.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shownomercy
1) Could be cruise control, or ABS related
2) Do you have an EWP hookup in the BP harness?
3) Yank the EVAP (AFAIK the 0411 cannot run it) and plug the intake vac port. You can yank the line all the way back to the tank if you want and then run a small filter to prevent crap from going back up in.
4) I would guess that is either EVAP or FP reg, trace it back more.
5) HVAC vac source, if you have HVAC you need it, if not delete it.
1.) Hmm
2.) Yes!
3.) cool
4.) it comes out of the wiring harness that BP Auto made.
5.) cool
Old 01-19-2016, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

1. AIR pump

4. HVAC vacuum line going to intake from check valve
5. HVAC vacuum line from canister to check valve

http://shbox.com/1/vac_check_valve.jpg
Old 01-23-2016, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Spartan7
1. AIR pump

4. HVAC vacuum line going to intake from check valve
5. HVAC vacuum line from canister to check valve

http://shbox.com/1/vac_check_valve.jpg
These vacuum lines seem self contained inside the new wiring harness. I don't think they trace back anywhere, unless I am misunderstanding?
Old 01-23-2016, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Where, in your car, is the check valve pictured in Shoebox's picture? It should be snapped into a little holder as pictured via Shoebox's site. Snap a picture of your car where Shoebox's picture is showing and post it up for us.

I do think I see the vacuum line coming from the inside of the car(from the HVAC inside the car) in the second picture...I just can't see the check valve for the hood strut mount. The line you are holding goes to the top of the check valve.

There is a plastic reserve vacuum take mounted on the bottom of the rail near the right front wheel. Is it still present? That is where the other end of end of that line in the second picture should be connected. As shown below....
http://shbox.com/1/vacuum_tank.jpg

The line in the first picture goes to the bottom of the check valve and the other end of that connects to the intake manifold on the right side of the engine(as always...referenced from the driver's seat). Connected here....first one on the left...
http://shbox.com/1/evap_sol.jpg

Using Shoebox's picture, make sure the check valve is oriented correctly. Would "suck" to have it backwards....get it? Vacuum? Suck? Or maybe it wouldn't suck at all since it would be backwards......eh, nevermind it was a bad joke anyway. =)

Last edited by ACE1252; 01-23-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ACE1252
Where, in your car, is the check valve pictured in Shoebox's picture? It should be snapped into a little holder as pictured via Shoebox's site. Snap a picture of your car where Shoebox's picture is showing and post it up for us.

I do think I see the vacuum line coming from the inside of the car(from the HVAC inside the car) in the second picture...I just can't see the check valve for the hood strut mount. The line you are holding goes to the top of the check valve.

There is a plastic reserve vacuum take mounted on the bottom of the rail near the right front wheel. Is it still present? That is where the other end of end of that line in the second picture should be connected. As shown below....
http://shbox.com/1/vacuum_tank.jpg

The line in the first picture goes to the bottom of the check valve and the other end of that connects to the intake manifold on the right side of the engine(as always...referenced from the driver's seat). Connected here....first one on the left...
http://shbox.com/1/evap_sol.jpg

Using Shoebox's picture, make sure the check valve is oriented correctly. Would "suck" to have it backwards....get it? Vacuum? Suck? Or maybe it wouldn't suck at all since it would be backwards......eh, nevermind it was a bad joke anyway. =)
Here is a better picture. Vacuum line out of the main harness and I plugged it to the top of the check valve.

Here is the other vacuum line coming out of the harness, which I plugged to the bottom of the check valve.

Is this correct?
Old 01-24-2016, 01:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

The vacuum lines are oriented correctly as they come from the factory(with the intake line on bottom and vacuum canister line on top), but the check valve is upside down. Take off the upper and lower lines, spin the valve 180* then put the lines back on....as you have them pictured, but with the check value spun around 180*
Old 01-26-2016, 05:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Here's some pics of mine.

Name:  IMG_20160125_175530_590_2.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  254.6 KB
Name:  IMG_20160125_175513_395.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  272.4 KB
Name:  IMG_20160125_175440_046.jpg
Views: 56