LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Looking for Tuning Advice (High Idle BLMs)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Tuning Advice (High Idle BLMs)

I have attached an EEHack log file. Relevant mods are as follows:

LT4 Hotcam; 1.6 Comp Ultra Pro Mags; LPP Longtubes/ORY; Magnaflow Catback; K&N CAI

I'm having issues getting the idle right on my tune. I started with a generic tune (using stevo's online bin generator) and made some adjustments to the tune based on the articles on stevo's fbodyteh site. As you can see in the datalog, once I'm in closed loop and driving down the road, the BLMs are fine. At idle, however, I'm getting BLMs maxed out at +25%. It kinda looks like the o2 sensors are reading very rich at this point as well. I'm also concerned about the idle MAP and the IAC counts. Both seem like they might be a bit high. I've checked several times for vacuum leaks and haven't been able to find anything.

Can someone take a look at the log and get me pointed in the right direction? Where am I going wrong here? I'm learning a lot about tuning, but I feel like I still have a ways to go. I can also post the bin if needed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
4-3-2016_log1.zip (233.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-16-2016, 04:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's probably in the tune. It's showing you're running lean and is adding a bunch of fuel. Does it smell rich? Bog down? Can you attach a copy of your tune? If you post it up, I'll adjust the O2 offsets to what mine are set at for the LT headers. Are you still running stock injectors? If so, that makes the tuning a lot easier as you don't have to worry about those tables.

The LT4 Hotcam can run on the stock LT1 tune and if you are going to be adjusting the tune yourself, I'd start there.
Old 04-16-2016, 01:28 PM
Teching In

I'll post the tune when I get the computer charged. I did notice that before the car warms up, it reeks of gas. After it makes it to closed loop, the smell goes away, even at idle. I'll get another data log too.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Teching In

OK, Here is the tune I'm currently running. Feel free to let me know what you think and what I may have missed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
fbodytech_tune_3335_edit.zip (54.0 KB, 7 views)

Quick Reply: Looking for Tuning Advice (High Idle BLMs)