LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

high rpm vibration

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 10:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default high rpm vibration

i have read several different forums related to this. but i figured i could maybe get some refreshed ideas. iv been practicing launching and high rpm shifts and noticed that at high rpms (IN GEAR ONLY) it sumbles and almost feels like a misfire but since the rpms are so high its comes in as a pretty good vibration. i swapped my auto for a t56 and now im noticing it. my auto was trashed so i hardly drove the car but i am pretty sure it started happening after i did my swap. since its RPM related and not speed related i was thinking the flywheel is the culprit. the parts car ran really rough, guessin it was beat on. but the flywheel looked fine, no heat marks or anything, had it surfaced of course. now i dont wan the neighbors callin the po-lice on me so i havent been able to let my car sit at high rpms to really make positive its not spark. that being said though, id still feel it if it was the flywheel correct? maybe i F****ed up my clutch when i got a little impatient breaking it in, never launched or burned out or anything, but did some high rpm shifts before it was broken in though, didnt go quite as high as im trying to go now though. so any other ideas? also probly not the best time to post as i am running obd2 computer in my obd1 car as of right now.....probly not the best idea and i know i shouldnt b going WOT with it....but i did, still seems fine, getting my computer back next week hopefully so of course ill rule that out asap. just picking yalls brains, never notice any other issues like that besides the high rpm vibe so i guess the simple fix for now will b dont go to redline lol
Old 04-30-2016, 10:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

EDIT* what about tranny fluid.....i didnt put premium stuff in...i put in valvoline maxlife atf.....fluid was black when i drained it before the swap...so i was going to drain it when i do my oil and put good stuff in, which i also need someone to point me to some good t56 tranny fluid please! thank you
Old 04-30-2016, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Another update, just tried it out again, actually happened at about 4500ishhh give or take....felt like the motor was about to just give up for a second....hope it's not the distributer....installed it about 10k miles ago butttt I replaced it with a ebay part, said Msd on it butttt it was like 60ish? So I'm guessing it wasn't really msd, I'll look into it

Quick Reply: high rpm vibration