LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Turn signal lever issues (FIXED!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turn signal lever issues (FIXED!)

So... My idle issue is fixed. Was driving around today to get my PCM's IM's to read "pass" to finally get inspection taken care of and get the car tagged, well after driving a little while I noticed people were getting very close to me.... So I check my turn signals, on the DS front and rear both work, on the PS, neither work. The rear lights up as if it's a single element bulb, and the front does nothing at all. So replaced the bulb in the front still nothing, it won't even light up unless I turn my parking lights on. But it still won't flash, even in hazards mode. Only the two rear and DS front. I've had issues with the headlights not wanting to switch from high back to low. I have to take the panel off and reach down there and pull the switch myself. So my question is, what is causing these weird lever issues? Would the lever be bad itself of the cancel cam for the turn signals? Maybe the wiring?

Last edited by VoyagerCamaro; 05-23-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Bad flasher? Bad grounds? The canceling cam just turns them off after a certain degree of rotation and it's not some thing that really goes out. Pull the bottom knee bolster and make sure everything is still hooked up tight. I have accidentally knocked some stuff around down there while doing other stuff and caused issues. Bad grounds on the harness will also cause issues. But the light harness are modular in these cars, so it's not like one large harness but a few harness'.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so I fixed my problem... The turn signal issue ended up being the flasher... I bought one for 3$ at the local parts store. Removed Knee bolster, took out the old one and out the new one in and now all is good!

Quick Reply: Turn signal lever issues (FIXED!)