LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bent PS lower rear shock tab, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 06:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bent PS lower rear shock tab, what to do?

Well, today leaving after getting some local take out I was trying to slowly go over something my car should have gotten high centered on, I heard a loud metal screeching noise. ****. But everything on the way home was fine, car still ran and handled well. Get home and look under to see what happened, the tab where the rear shock mounts to the rear end got quirked, it's bent a decent amount... It's still on and it's not messing with the handling of the car by no means, but I feel like one day it's going to bite me in the *** if I just leave it. But what can I do to fix it? I can't even run relo brackets because it's bent so much! I was planning on replacing the worn out decarbons and these BMR springs with some Bilsteins/Strano and while doing that I was gonna run the adjustable panhard rod, and Relo brackets, I guess not now! Lol
Old 05-29-2016, 06:30 PM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

If it were me I'd hammer it back into place. If it falls of while hammering then would weld it back on.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS RRR
If it were me I'd hammer it back into place. If it falls of while hammering then would weld it back on.
Would using a set of giant channellocks to bend (if I have enough strength) work better? Might have to bust out the BFH. What material is the 10 bolt made of?
Old 05-31-2016, 09:40 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

I have no idea. If you can, bend it and see what happens. Keep your eye on it for awhile.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SS RRR
I have no idea. If you can, bend it and see what happens. Keep your eye on it for awhile.
Ehhh, if it breaks that's just a good excuse to save up for a strange S60 lol, I will try when I get home from work later...
Old 05-31-2016, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Chinesse steel, get a map gas torch and heat it up and then bend it

Quick Reply: Bent PS lower rear shock tab, what to do?