LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

32v Dominion Heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 32v Dominion Heads

I know a few people have purchased these heads, but i have never seen any results from a car with those heads, or even seen a car with those heads that actually runs. Does anybody out there have them on a working vehicle and have some real input concerning those heads? How good do they flow, how much maintenance/fabircation, your setup, etc.?
Old 06-24-2004, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gangly
I know a few people have purchased these heads, but i have never seen any results from a car with those heads, or even seen a car with those heads that actually runs. Does anybody out there have them on a working vehicle and have some real input concerning those heads? How good do they flow, how much maintenance/fabircation, your setup, etc.?
Same story different day for me. Just waiting on the port work to my intake to be done and then we'll assemble the motor. If someone hadn't stole my intake originally the motor would be in the car. Oh well...

They flow well. Real well. Can't answer the maintenance question but they are really simplistic in design. There isn't really any real fabrication that needs to take place on my setup. I did notice that if you want to keep a/c, you would have to make a spacer because the valve cover would hit the bracket. Other than that, custom headers, some slotting of the block and some intake porting and your good to go.

You've forgotten the toughest part though...acquiring a set. The owner of the company makes a lot of empty promises.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Big Show
You've forgotten the toughest part though...acquiring a set. The owner of the company makes a lot of empty promises.
I spoke with him for a few minutes, not real convinced his logic is all together accuracte, yet it does make sense to some degree, but I do not see 6k worth of heads in his heads. I'd prefer the following if they were ever put into mass production http://www.coatesengine.com/technology.html
Old 06-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BRETTINATOR
I'd prefer the following if they were ever put into mass production http://www.coatesengine.com/technology.html
Intriguing - I bet the still have some significant tech hurdles to overcome before they're practical enough for real cars to use. I wonder what a 'valve job' would be like after 100k miles, for example. Surely those high tech seals won't last forever

Quick Reply: 32v Dominion Heads