LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Help lt1 intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help lt1 intake

Hi Gang!
I have a 1996 Camaro LT1 in my 1937 Chev coupe project which is in final assembly. I have upgraded the engine to EFI Connection's 24X system.
Because of space constraints, while still wanting a MAF - we are in need of an after market air intake to ......
go straight out and then curve backwards towards the firewall down the middle of the engine with one or two larger air filters for increased air intake.
Any and all suggestions as to WHERE to get a nice looking unit like this would be greatly appreciated.
Help me save this project!

Thanks!
Alan from Alberta Canada.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:00 PM
Launching!

You're likely going to have something custom fab'd up. There are some air intake systems that run behind the bumper cover and down in front of the front wheel. Maybe you could get one of those and cut the pieces to fit what you need
Old 04-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Thanks for your kind reply. I have since found my solution with Spectre Performance. I am VERY impressed with their custom solutions. They surely know what questions to ask and we are in the process of getting one designed and built! Polished aluminum tubing with the correct air filters to match the potential horse power. Consideration for the specific air temp sensor and MAF have all been determined. Glad to have discovered them! Rock and roll! Hope to provide a follow up message when the job is done.

Quick Reply: Help lt1 intake