LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

High Temp/Gasoline Submersible Wire

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Temp/Gasoline Submersible Wire

Basically looking for a 12/14 GA fuel sending wire for my gauge to show how much gas I have in my car. Just did the pump and the wire was all shredded. Its hard finding a wire that is gasoline submersible. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.flexwires.com/product/sty...-hook-up-wire/

Keep in mind though...

The minute you cut the wire to add a terminal, spade connector, etc, I would assume the gasoline submersible rating goes flying out the window.

Suggestions:

Not sure what you are trying to do but likely if its an OEM gauge and OEM installation, there is probably an OEM part that accomplishes what you are trying to accomplish, and is probably very much worth the extra coin instead of gambling with fuel and fuel vapors (even though I am well aware there are other safety mechanisms in place to keep your car from detonating in place, ie gas cap).

If it is aftermarket, I would probably call the supplier and ask them what they recommend doing to complete your installation.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
Its hooking up to my fuel sender to show how much fuel I have in my car. The old wire and connector were looking terribly bad.

Quick Reply: High Temp/Gasoline Submersible Wire