LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 building excess crank case pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy LT1 building excess crank case pressure

I have a 93 trans am that is building to much crank case pressure only under a heavy load. No blow by out the valve cover at idle but under a heavy load it starts gurgling oil out of the dipstick tube. Put another PCV valve in the passenger valve cover and it helped out alot. It was blowing oil out of the oil pan gasket but the extra PCV valve solved that problem. I keep thinking that it could be a broke ring but the car runs entirely to good for me not to wonder if its not something else. Havent ran a compression test on it yet. Have replaced the intake gaskets because they were pouring oil. Made sure the PCV system in the intake was clean. I guess my question is, Does anyone know of anything else that would cause this problem?
Old 09-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Launching!

If there's a clog or something in the PCV system it can cause that, If you have over filled the oil it can also cause that but from everything you've done it seems like you're going to have to check that bottom end. I'm in the same boat blow by is what bricked my car. Damn thing smokes like a locomotive's Chimney. If you put your ear to the engine you can almost hear the piston rings saying Fffffff uuuuu!!!!!
Old 09-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Teching In

Im pretty sure that the PCV aint clogged. Was planning on stroking it to a 396ci but not really planning on doing it this soon. Im going to run a compression check on it this weekend and see what I come up with. A good friend of mine that is the master technician at the local GM dealer said that hes ran into that problem before on a car that he had put intake gaskets on. He eventually figured out that one of the intake gaskets had slipped out of place. Im hoping that maybe the case here. Youre right though, seems like everytime you turn around it seems like these damn cars do stuff just to **** you off.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:29 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Get yourself a compression tester. You can rent them anywhere for free and check as many cylinders as you can.

Quick Reply: LT1 building excess crank case pressure