Low Coolant Light - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Low Coolant Light

Old 11-11-2017, 08:38 PM   #1
On The Tree

Default Low Coolant Light

I know this had been covered and I thought I did this properly.. I am a little confused when my low coolant light comes on and I let the car cool down I check the radiator and overfill there is plenty of coolant in there. Any ideas on what I should be doing differently?
z28jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
On The Tree

I am suffering from the same dilemma.

I replaced the sensor with a fresh NAPA sensor, and I installed it perfectly with no leaks, nothing. I went out of my way to purchase an aftermarket bleeder valve for the thermostat hose which has a nipple to attach a small plastic hose to bleed coolant and better drain out air bubbles. I ran my car for a good half hour until I had no more air bubbles and that solved my low coolant light problem, for awhile...

It came back on and I got so annoyed that I deliberately overfilled my reservoir to see if this might help, but I am seeing a daily coolant stain where the reservoir is and my light shows no sign of turning off. I am convinced I have a coolant leak or pressure leak somewhere, whether at the water pump seal or some bad hose I am not even aware of.

At this point I am going to let it be until I am ready to take my car to a custom shop and have the whole damn thing restored and modified to like new. Right now, I need to work on my college schooling before dumping more money on my pit of a car.
Phoenix'97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
TECH Junkie

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#low_coolant_lamp

I recommend an AC-Delco sensor if you replace it.
shbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:04 AM   #4
On The Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by shbox View Post
http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#low_coolant_lamp

I recommend an AC-Delco sensor if you replace it.
Thanks I'll probably try that. I attempted to bleed the system again last night and the over flow started overflowing.. I'm guessing I filled it up to much? Also as I was bleeding the line there was a pretty good stream coming out but it looked like it was surging.. is that from the electric water pump?
z28jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote