LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 supercharger he

Old 04-08-2018, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 supercharger he

Going procharged real soon, got the kit today, Lloyd will be doing a custom grind boost cam for me. My engine specs are as followed and I’ll be running around 9.5-9.6:1 compression.

Specs on the engine are 383ci
Lt1 block bored .30 over and zero decked
3.750 stroker nodular iron scat crank
Scat 5.7 forged I beam rods
Cp Carrillo -17cc dished forges pistons
Cometic .092 head gaskets to bring compression down
Lloyd Elliot custom grind cam
Stock lt1 heads that have been gasket matched and polished
Lunati 640. Lift double valve springs
Ls7 lifters
Trick flow push rods
Comp 1.6 roller rockers
Long tube headers
Dual exhaust with x pipe
52mm ligenfelter throttle body

Procharger came with a 12lb pulley

Now for the questions, as the motor sits right now n/a it’s right about 10:8:1 compression, I’ve heard some people say a thicker head gasket is not a bad thing, and some people say don’t do it? I’ve already ordered cometic.092 gaskets which should bring the compression down to 9:5:1-9:6:1. Will this be ok at least till the winter when I can put some better heads on it.

What spark plugs would work best, I’ve been told ngk br7ef?

motor has arp head bolts, should I put in arp head studs? Or will the bolts be strong enough?

and is a meth kit a must or can I get away without for a few months?

solomon will probably be doing my tuning, unless anyone else recommends someone else for boost applications. He has done both of my n/a builds and seems to do a great job
Old 04-11-2018, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy a good 4340 forged crank for your engine or you will be building a new one soon and you don't need to drop the compression to only run 12# of boost. You also should pull the engine and re-gap the piston rings wider for boost or you risk lifting a ringland. Other than that you should have a powerful setup.

I'd also send the heads to Lloyd and get the LE2 or LE3 head porting to really wake up your engine, which Procharger did you get the new D1X?

Search this Thread