LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Project LT1 back from the dead. Got a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Project LT1 back from the dead. Got a few questions.

I bought a 94 Z28 10 years ago. It had recently had a H/C, LTs, TB etc. package installed by Thunder Racing about 5k miles prior to that. CC306 cam and GTP racing stage 2 heads were installed. I drove the car for about 2 years. I only put about 8k miles on it. Then it broke down. My brother and I weren't exactly mechanics back then so it's been sitting inside our shop for a long *** time. Over the years my brother has turned out to be a damn good mechanic on 4th gens. He works on my 98 T/A, his own 01 Z28 and also does work for the public. So far he's pulled the motor out and started tearing it down inspecting everything on it. The cam, and entire top end still look like new but I have a pretty long parts list I gotta purchase.

Question 1: What's the best complete engine gasket set I can buy for it? It'll be getting a 125-150 shot this go around with a stand alone system btw.

Question 2: What size injectors would you recommend? It dynoed 401 rwhp way back in the day. But like I said, it'll be getting atleast a 125 shot this time around.

Question 3: What size fuel pump would you recommend?

The parts list so far is:

New injectors
plugs & wires
fuel pump
gasket set
All fluids and filters
02 sensors
Water pump and thermostat

Any other suggestions? I'm sure we've missed a few things. I'm all ears. If anyone has any other suggestions I would be more than happy to add those to the "To-Do list. Sorry for such a long post. I just wanted to try and be thorough.
Old 08-18-2018, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

I buy FelPro gaskets. Not as a "complete" engine kit. head gasket thickness, for example, would be specific to what your motor (decked heads/block/cam lift) would be so buy what you need in that thickness. Intake gaskets I like the FelPro "printo" line of gasket which are not included in a overall engine "kit". Felpro front timing cover gasket/seal kit ($12) and their oil pan and RMS. I prefer the rubber RMS but some like the Teflon one (LT4)

Injectors, discuss with your tuner as he likely has a preference. My guess is a 36 lb

Fuel pump-Walbro 255
Old 08-24-2018, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd install forged pistons and rods, re-balance the rotating assembly, new coated rod, main and cam bearings and install head and main studs just for peace of mind.