LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Please help me!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me!!!!!!

I have a 96 camaro lt1 o e day I started it to go to work and came inside while it warmed up and before I got back outside to get in it died. I tried restarting it but it just turned over would not run. I came back home that evening and tried to start it it started just fine again I walked inside to see if it would quit again and about the same exact time it shut down. I walked back out and started it right back up with some cranking and it ran for an hour with no problems. So the. Ext morning g I got in it to go to work and it never started again. I tested the icm and had no pulse coming from the pcm so I replaced the opti and now I have good pulses and no fire what so ever. I've replaced the coil, the icm, the computer, a d then the coil again then the key switch and cps with no help. I've tested all connections and all show exactly what it's supposed to show. I'm completely out of options s I dont even know where to go now can somebody please help me. Is there something else that triggers spark or anything that can shut it down.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crank sensor in my 94 lt1 lead to similar issues
Old 04-09-2019, 06:30 PM
Teching In

I've replaced it twice with no change will the fuel pump stop the coil from firing or do you know
Old 04-10-2019, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

take your elbow off. spray starter fluid in intake. if it kicks over immediately its probably your pump.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's your fuel pressure at the rail? How old is the pump? Chances are it could have died on you.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:48 PM
Teching In

It has 47 psi at the rail I just recently changed it but it's not the pump its getting g gas it's not sparking from the coil at all it's got power but no spark