LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

No crank No start No dash lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No crank No start No dash lights

Hey! I just bought a 97 bird with an lt1 engine hoping to fix it up this summer before I go back to school. The people I bought it from said it most likely had a bad alternator as the battery wouldn't stay charged. I was still able to start it and by putting a new battery in it to get it on and off a UHual to get back to my house. A few days later when the alternator came I tried to put the battery back in to move it into my driveway (better workspace) but when when I tried to start it, It was a no crank & no start with zero dash lights coming on, its as if I didn't turn the key at all. I ended up just replacing the alternator anyways to see if that helped and still nothing. I checked the fuse box and they all looked fine. After researching some I found it might be the starter motor so I replaced that as well but still no result. Now I’m thinking it might be the ignition switch? I tested the battery aswell with a multimeter and it has proper voltage. And none if the connection points seem to have any corrosion. I just thought I would ask yall for advice before I just keep replacing things lol. Also this is the first car I’ve ever worked on so apologies if I’m missing something obvious. Thank you!
Old 05-20-2024, 08:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

http://shbox.com/ignsw/ign_switch_repl.html
The following users liked this post:
beardedTree (05-20-2024)

Quick Reply: No crank No start No dash lights