LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Vacuum line leak (not sure what the line goes to that's leaking)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 06:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vacuum line leak (not sure what the line goes to that's leaking)

Ok i heard a hissing from my engine bay. I always thought that it was just my intake since my engine has always done it. Well yesterday i was waiting at my step borhter bus stop, it was his first day so like all first day bus routes he was an hour late. I got bored and decided to look around the engine. I heard the sound coming from around the intake manifold and i found the hose that it was leaking from.

The hose is the one next to the brake booster line. It connects to the driver side of the intake manifold and then into a hard line which runs towards the front of the engine. Where it connects to the manifold is bigger than where is connects to the hard line. Where is changes inside is a huge tear/hole which i'm sure i need to fix. Will i notice any performance gains if i fix it? I'm sure i am probably running a little lean but i have a JET 2 module which i think changes the ratio from 14:1 to 12:1 so i wouldnt really notice if i were running lean especially since i have the entire time i had the car. I can't just replace the hose since it's different sizes on each end and it's so short, i will probably have to order the part. Any ideas on what it is?
Old 08-27-2004, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Anyone? It's really irritating me. I can get a pic if someone needs to see it to identify it.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Ok i fixed it. The line went to the PCV system. I just used a U shaped 3/8" hose and cut it in half so it was close to a 90 degree bend like the other one. Work fine now. Seems to have a little more ummph at lower rpms.