LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

car is acting crazy. someone please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry car is acting crazy. someone please help

i finally got it to crank. which it started up on the first try. oil pressure and everything looked good. and it ran good the first day but now im trying to get everything on it so i can adjust my rocker arms. it cut off on me last night and everytime i started it up it would shut right back off. this morning i tried to crank it and it sounded off like a shotgun. so my first guess was my opti had taken a dump on me as usual.(P.O.S.) I would have ran the datamaster on it but i dont know how to save the readings so i used my scan tool and my scanmaster. i got several trouble codes but not all at once. Here are all the ones that i got. It would run for a few seconds but very rough and then would start backfiring like hell. i have the plugs and wires right and no wires are burned. i got codes: DTC 33(MAP sensor,signal voltage high-low vaccum), DTC34(MAP sensor, signal voltage low-High vaccum), DTC 36(distributor ignition system), DTC 44(left O2 sensor lean), DTC 51(eeprom programming error). what gives it started and ran fine the first day and once it stopped its been running like hell every since. the left O2 voltage was really low like 259mv or so. can someone please help. im guessing its the optispark but dont wanna have to get one if thats not the problem cause im broke from working on this thing
Old 08-30-2004, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

DTC 51(eeprom programming error) EEK!! that one scares me. My opti died and didnt throw a single code. Im thinking PCM related..maybe the plugin is loose? /damaged?

Quick Reply: car is acting crazy. someone please help