LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94-96 Impala Websites and Forums

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 08:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 94-96 Impala Websites and Forums

Does anyone know of a website/forum that is for the 94-96 Chevy Impalas?

Preferably one that has a LS1TECH type of community. By that I mean knowledgable. I've been looking with no luck.

I just purchased one and I would like to know what are the free mods and what result people have had with different combinations.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2004, 05:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

www.impalassforum.com there are others but they lack the hardcore tech you will find there and are more social in nature.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
www.impalassforum.com there are others but they lack the hardcore tech you will find there and are more social in nature.
Well, thats subjective. It has its moments. But I'd agree, for about the last year its been a ton of social BS. But there is a still a wealth of tech info if you're willing to search it out.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

that is a good one. an interesting site and cool vids and time slip sitew is azsupersport.com
besides, if you have any q's feel free to pm me or I can pm you my e-mail & ph #. I have a 94 and have been inside and out of it many times and love Imps. i also have a few connections that if I don't know the answer I can put you to someone who does.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

Kelly if you know of a b-body forum that comes close to the tech content there please share. I will agree that the post whoring and politics has gotten out of hand, but the tech content is still there. We need another good informative debate ofer there like the old thermodynamics debates, or the ramair stuff. Some guys have discussed the falloff of info lately and I think they pretty well nailed it that these cars are becoming too affordable and available to a wider less mature group. Unfortunately some of the more valuable members are dropping out started with George selling the Cherry Bomb, and Jorge listing his car for sale, now stonebreaker(just listed his this week) and so many other along the way. On the other major Impala forum they have a 774page yes 774 PAGES long social thread called the day shift and a 372 page nightshift thread, far fewer knowledgable enthusiasts there than this or the www.impalassforum.com
Old 12-30-2004, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

Unhappy

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
Kelly if you know of a b-body forum that comes close to the tech content there please share.
(SNIP)
Unfortunately some of the more valuable members are dropping out started with George selling the Cherry Bomb, and Jorge listing his car for sale, now stonebreaker(just listed his this week) and so many other along the way.
Unfortunatly, there are no good 'TECH ONLY' B-body forums. And they came about this|close to me trading in the Imp on a GTO today. The SS forum has become a technical joke and the only sucessful forums (imho) are the ones that have survived in the long run went 100% tech content, like ls1tech.com and thirdgen.org (after 3rdgen dumped all the social forums).

I made the point about a year ago and got laughed at. Once the Wx3 B-bodys got cheap enough that the kiddies could get ahold of them, the forum would evaporate, and lo and behold.

Ah well, enough rant.
Old 12-30-2004, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

The diminishing tech is why I have begun to wander other forums like this one I have 5-6 I regulaly visit at this point used to me one or two were enough to keep me thinking. I like smokemup.com good bunch of gearheads awesome calculators, traffic is fairly light though because it is not platform specific enough to draw a good number of knowledgable people together on one subject. There are some very knowledgable but too few playing with the same toy to get into indepth discussions on a particular item.