LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

You F-body guys get to be jealous. Well for the time being.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedluv
Me upset? Nope but if I recall yer the one that said this impala was a joke and that centrifugals rule all. I was actually just stating the differences in each in my first post and saying what I want out of a supercharger but you had to correct me and tell me that centrifugals rule all. Yer not in boost all the time, when the throttle is closed there is little or no boost, are you sure you know how superchargers work?? Any supercharged application will hurt fuel mileage but who said anything about fuel mileage?? And don't be so sure screw types are "behind" centrifugals as you put it. I don't want too much torque? Hmmm so my daily driver can't have good suspension under it? I gotta run stock tires too? Well damn! I'll just go buy a 81 VW rabbit diesel then cause it doesn't have too much torque and it gets good gas mileage. By the way, I'm gonna recommend to the top fuel guys that they get a centrifugal because that roots blower is just a piece of ****.
btw i do know how superchargers work i own a 9 sec car that i worked hard for to put toghether my self with my own hands. The only thing i didnt do is put the motor toghether since i dont own any machine shop equipment. Taking engine out/apart, fuel system, tunning, and everything esle was done by me and my very good friend in our shop.
so all i have to do is downshift to match rpm to get the boost up if i'm driving around. Off the line lt1 has plenty of tourque on its own without boosted help
Old 05-06-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yer right 2.3L = .0812 cubic feet per rev, the .812 figure is in cubic feet per minute per rev, I'd like to know how they came up with that number. Seems like if it's a "per minute" number it would have to be based on a certain rpm somehow. I know the F1 max cfm is 1500 and the max rpm of the blower is like 50,000, are they saying you gotta turn it 50,000 to get that 1500 since both those are the max number?? I don't claim to be an expert on superchargers or math, these are the numbers that whipple has up on their site.
dont know about the f1 but f1 is not far from d1 which is only 125 cfm less and spins to 65000 rpm. With a 7.25 lower and 3.4 upper on my set up i'm close to maxing the d1 out at 63000 rpm i belive theres smaller pulleys avalible for it as well. F1r is a different story, D1R pushes out like 2000cfm as well. Lets not get into F2 or F3 siries blowers that can easily be fitted on a fbody and produce crazy amount of cfm. i belive ROnnie duke is running a F2R.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So the max cfm is achieved at the max rpm on the procharger?? I didn't know if the max rpm meant that was the safest you could turn it without it flying apart or if that's when it would run out of breath. I'd like to know the cfm numbers on roots blowers, I've never been able to find that info. I know that say a Weiand 177 will move 177 cubic inches of air per rev but that doesn't give you cfm. Anyway, I'm depressed, I destroyed my lil 10 bolt tonight at the track and the trans went out in my truck a week ago so I'm hoofin' it right now. Looks like I'll be putting the 3:42 back in tomorrow just so I can get to work monday. lol
Old 05-07-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So the max cfm is achieved at the max rpm on the procharger?? I didn't know if the max rpm meant that was the safest you could turn it without it flying apart or if that's when it would run out of breath. I'd like to know the cfm numbers on roots blowers, I've never been able to find that info. I know that say a Weiand 177 will move 177 cubic inches of air per rev but that doesn't give you cfm. Anyway, I'm depressed, I destroyed my lil 10 bolt tonight at the track and the trans went out in my truck a week ago so I'm hoofin' it right now. Looks like I'll be putting the 3:42 back in tomorrow just so I can get to work monday. lol
sorry to hear that bro, my 10 bolt survived a 6.9@109mph 1/8mile pass and few other passes babying it out of the hole with 3.23s

Quick Reply: You F-body guys get to be jealous. Well for the time being.