LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Getting rid of Opti?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting rid of Opti?

Whats up guys... I've got a 93 TA... Its has speed density with OBD-I... I just got done building the motor and I'm about ready to tune... However... The stock computer is the 16159278 and it doesn't read boost... I want to convert to the 7749 computer out of a syclone/typhoon which will read boost and will be a hell of a lot easier to tune... BUT the only way to do this is to get rid of the opti-spark and go to a more traditional distributer like used on the syclone/typhoons... Has anyone done this conversion? Thanks

Mike
Old 01-28-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want to run a GEN1 distributor with the LT1 intake check out http://www.96z28ss.cz28.com/photo3.html or go to www.lt1intake.com
Old 01-29-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any Ideas on what the cost of the project would be?
Old 01-29-2005, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMike93TA
Whats up guys... I've got a 93 TA... Its has speed density with OBD-I... I just got done building the motor and I'm about ready to tune... However... The stock computer is the 16159278 and it doesn't read boost... I want to convert to the 7749 computer out of a syclone/typhoon which will read boost and will be a hell of a lot easier to tune... BUT the only way to do this is to get rid of the opti-spark and go to a more traditional distributer like used on the syclone/typhoons... Has anyone done this conversion? Thanks

Mike
My friend is doing that exact same thing to his 92 Vette. He's going turbo and swapped out the ecm for a syclone unit. He also converted his LT1 intake for a standard distributor etc... I'm not sure where he got his information on doing it though. Maybe try the Corvette forum and ask around there. He goes by the name "ANTI VENOM" .

Mike
Old 01-29-2005, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can run boost on a 93, plenty of people are doing it. Talk to Alvin at PCMSFORLESS he can take care of the tune for ya. He is very reasonable and does very good work. You need to check out: http://www.speeddensity.org this web site is for nothing but speed density cars and there are serveral running boost on this site. You can also talk to Alvin on this site.

Quick Reply: Getting rid of Opti?