LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Delteq question regarding msd

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delteq question regarding msd

I just purchaced a delteq system am I still going to be able to use my msd 6al box with this or do I have to buy something new or no need any help greatfuly appreciated thank
Old 02-16-2005, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, no, your stock ignition box wont work. You need the MSD DIS-4 ignition box w/ four coil-interface modules (not certain but should be p/n 8870 -- about $26 each). http://www.msdignition.com/sci_4.htm

[Edit] for clarification, you don't HAVE to run an ignition box, if that's what you're asking. What kind of setup are you running? Anything that would really require a rev limiter or ignition retard?

But no, the 6AL isn't compatible...

Last edited by Alex94TAGT; 02-16-2005 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Alex94TAGT
Sorry, no, your stock ignition box wont work. You need the MSD DIS-4 ignition box w/ four coil-interface modules (not certain but should be p/n 8870 -- about $26 each). http://www.msdignition.com/sci_4.htm

[Edit] for clarification, you don't HAVE to run an ignition box, if that's what you're asking. What kind of setup are you running? Anything that would really require a rev limiter or ignition retard?

But no, the 6AL isn't compatible...
Right now i am runing stock pcm ed right tuning with maf translator i would like a rev limiter and I can pull timing threw maf translator thanks for the help oh yeah am debating going dfi

Quick Reply: Delteq question regarding msd