LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

spring / summer project rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 03:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spring / summer project rebuild

I've been pondering a summer project for t/a and i think i want to get the engine built to withstand a nice shot of nitrous (200 ish) and eventually some boost

being my first foray into the the inner workings of an engine it will probably take quite a while.

I'm wondering though, if i had the time and the drive to learn how to do this would it be an impossible task?

I'm thinking a bulletproof 355 anyone done a project like this and like to elaborate?

thanks a lot in advance. i trust you guys to lead me the right way!
Old 02-28-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well obviously you would need a machine shop to do all the machine work. As long as everything was balanced, and u have all the specific tools then give it a shot. However if it were my money I would leave it up to a professional instead of risking spinning a bearing or something like that because of something stupid.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

I built a bullet proof solid roller 355 c.i. LT4 several years ago. Consisted of: Scat billet 4340 crank, Scat billet 4340 rods and SRP pistons, splayed 4 bolt main caps Machine work: bored block, honed with torque plates, balanced assembly, clearanced my bearings a little loose for the nitrous and filed my rings for the gap ideal for nitrous. It was built for a 300 shot. I ran the dog **** out of it for a while, and then sold it and it is still running perfect in a friends car.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Launching!

Thanks invisiblez that sounds like a nasty setup! I think that i may have to leave the actual rebuild up to a shop after further thinking. I'm trying to get my feet wet with an old 88 camaro with a 305 TBI and don't want to risk destroying my "real" car. How much did that setup and build cost ballpark?

Quick Reply: spring / summer project rebuild