LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 engine removal through bottom pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LT1 engine removal through bottom pics

About five hours of time including breaks. Did the all the disassemble myself, so it took a while to figure out what needed to be removed/disconnected. All in all, it was very fun and dirty I might do a little how-to write up on this. I will post an LS1 edition in a few weeks. Enjoy.

Old 04-17-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeez -- still have the whole exhaust connected and everything? That's pretty cool. Although, looking at photo #4, I'm not sure how you got that engine out from between the hoist's legs. That *****...

Anyway, it'd be cool if you did a write-up. I'm sure that'd help a lot of people out~

-While on the subject & posting photos, I recently pulled mine out the top. This is, without doubt, the slower method.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew that question was coming. A well placed jack and cinder block under the vehicle would do the trick. Although i did not use that method. I just extended the hoist to 1/2 ton and moved it to the back and to the side slightly and rolled the dolly sideways out the drivers wheel well.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Addict

nice. i plan on doing the same thing in a few weeks. hopefully i got access to a lift for it.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

Man... i did mine about a month ago... getting it all buttoned up now. I took off the accessory bracket. Didnt know you could leave it all on.... hhmm
Old 04-19-2005, 06:21 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Alex94TAGT
Jeez -- still have the whole exhaust connected and everything? That's pretty cool. Although, looking at photo #4, I'm not sure how you got that engine out from between the hoist's legs. That *****...

Anyway, it'd be cool if you did a write-up. I'm sure that'd help a lot of people out~

-While on the subject & posting photos, I recently pulled mine out the top. This is, without doubt, the slower method.

Hey Buddy! Good to see you posting again. Mine is coming out from the top this summer so I will DEFINATELY be in contact with you.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Staging Lane

I'd definitely enjoy a detailed write up. I'm planning on doing the same thing this fall for a cam/k-member/manual rack/etc....install.

Quick Reply: LT1 engine removal through bottom pics