LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stall or Cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should really match the stall to the cam you have. I love how folks just throw things together and hope for the best....sure it will work but it won't be optimal.

If you decide to put the stall in first, have in mind what cam you are going to go with in the (hopefully near) future and buy a stall that will match that cam.

I would either save up and do both at the same time or do the cam first, then you can match the stall to the cam you already have in when it's time to do the TC.

Think about your setup....you'll spend less money in the end if you have a clear picture of what you want and stick to it. Just throwing this and that on to increase performance is a good way to spend more money on mods down the road that compliment each other.

You can throw on this and that now and have some decent gains or you can do it right the first time and see much more. Take it from someone who learned long ago after buying things because it worked well on someone else's car when they had the heads to go with the cam or the cam to go with the stall....and I didn't.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

i definatley agree with that i was think about doing both of them at the same time./...cause i want to read up a lot more on how to put a cam in the lt1...so i am able to do it myself or at least with the help of some buddies....my buddys sasy he knows how top put a stall in and he can walk me throuhg it but as for the cam im not too sure...so i will let u know what i end up doing and the gains i see...just wait for couople more paycheks
Old 05-05-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whilte93lt1
would i really see a difference goin a yank for example...casu im on a budget build for sure....woud it really be worth it to save or am i gonna be ok with a tci stall..
Im using a TCI verter and Ive had good luck this far but it needs a rebuild. I dont know that you would see a difference in performance with the yank but you might see a difference in longevity. Its up to you.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

i was on the internet and found this.....TCI Custom Stall Converter For 4L60E/700R4 Transmission (2600-2800)(new) $200 ......u think i will be dissapointed with a stall of that size should i just wait to get a 3600 and save more money or what... i also found a B&M 2600 Stall for 130$...???

Last edited by whilte93lt1; 05-05-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:55 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 3200 Vigi in my 93, flashes at like 3400. I daily drove it for a year in Houston traffic, you can move away from traffic and never break 2500rpms if you wanted to. Once you get going its just like stock, how ever because of the stall speed, it doesnt want to move as much at idle, so you have to give just a hair more gas. Other wise not much different, doesnt rev to 3200 to get going thats a prety big myth. Just barley more than stock, its a bad *** mod, street raidals will hate you

Quick Reply: Stall or Cam