LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

tubular k-member questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005 | 02:04 PM
Banned

Default tubular k-member questions

ok i dropped my stock kmember today and went to install my profab kmember and found lots of things that concern me and i have a few questions

i see only 1 bolt on each side to bolt it to the body is the right length now the others are way to long...and then i see the motor mounts bolts wont screw into the k member so im going to need nuts behind the bolts...question here is what kind of bolts to get? are grade 8 enough or i need something else?

also i see there are tabs that are on the oem k member for the brake lines where the rubber and pre bent lines come together .. these tabs arent on the tubular k member....what do i do here?

and then the brake lines that run from the abs module across the k member to the passengeside brakes theres nothing to hold them....what did you do there?

any help would be greatly appreciated as im kinda at an impass here...

thanks alot guys

tony
Old 05-24-2005 | 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

i used big zip ties to hold all the lines to the new ones....i used the stock oem motor mount bolts, just got washers, nuts, etc for the backs of them and then went and bought 4 more cradle bolts like the two short ones and youll be set
Old 05-24-2005 | 02:48 PM
Banned

so you ended up getting one huh?you find someone on the boards selling or buy it from a vendor.....with all the aggrivation and busted knuckles from doing this by myself i wish i would have went ahead and sold you the damn thing!....lol
Old 05-24-2005 | 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

lol...i bought one from the guy on ebay that sells them for 300 shipped..anyways there was a good install guide either on here or cz28 but cant remember where...just do a search but like i said it was a pain but all worked out fairly good...just get you some cold ones and hang in there
Old 05-24-2005 | 06:23 PM
Banned

yea i think i gave you that link....so how you like it?did you have any alignment issues with it?i guess i should have looked for that guide so i would have had the extra parts i needed to install it....oh well...ill finish it up in a couple of sundays from now when i get my next day off
Old 05-24-2005 | 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

well good luck with finishing it up....i just got my car back together and havent drove it yet...was having some vaccum leaks but puttting the finishing touches on it now...
Attached Thumbnails tubular k-member questions-mvc-640f.jpg   tubular k-member questions-mvc-621f.jpg   tubular k-member questions-mvc-631f.jpg   tubular k-member questions-mvc-632f.jpg  

Quick Reply: tubular k-member questions