LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Next Gen Delteq

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will never even bother with a stage 2. the stock optical sensor works EXTREMELY well for controling the spark timing and fuel control. It's VERY good and can't be much improved on. So really using that to set up the fuel and spark along with a DIS ignition is really the best that you can get. Like I said. The opt dies because of either the high energy in the opt or the rotor exploding. Both of these issues are no longer a problem with the Delteq. Again. I know people running on the Very same opti in a RACE motor with the high energy removed and the opti just lasts and lasts. One example is fred foresyth (sp) running an 800HP Nitrous motor. He uses the stock opti sensor feeding a MOTEC controling 8 coils. He has been running with that opti for years with no issues.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Launching!

Isn't the optical part the one that's really sensitive to water and coolant?
Old 06-08-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yes and no. The pickup wheel is sensitve to rust which will distort the signal. Rust is caused by water. The thing that kills the sensor itself the most is the high levels of ozone from the high energy spark in the opti
Old 06-08-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the truth is that Delteq > Stock optispark. There is NO arguing that. Wether or not YOU think that YOU personally need that setup is your own business. Sure stock optis give great spark, and can handle the revs whatever. That is what i use, stock gm optispark ( new ) and an msd unit to back it up. To me with my relatively mild setup the delteq wasnt worth the extra coin. If i had a $10,000 motor, why would i skimp out on the $800 ignition setup. The old saying you get what you pay for is in full effect, as usual. Just my $0.02
Old 06-08-2005, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bought my Delteq last year and haven't regretted it once....I have too many good things to say about the product and the customer service.

Quick Reply: Next Gen Delteq